we need attacking midfield (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There's a number of very good attacking midfield options available, I just hope that Moggi and co realise we have a serious problem in this department and spend suitingly.

Juninho Pernambucano, Pablo Aimar, Juan Roman Riquelme, Tomas Rosicky, David Pizarro and Julio Baptista to name a few could all make telling contributions to this team so there's no real scouting to be done. It's up to Moggi now.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++
i don't think Riquelme is a good player, if so Barca will not leave him easily like this .....isn't ?:confused:
His probable departure has nothing to do with his skill or ability, it's because Barca already have Xavi, Deco and Ronaldinho. There's no room for Riquelme.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

His probable departure has nothing to do with his skill or ability, it's because Barca already have Xavi, Deco and Ronaldinho. There's no room for Riquelme.
dinho > riquelme and they r non EU players

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Why?
Okay. Here it comes. I don't think Camoranesi is good enough for Juve starting lineup becuz:

-He isn't fast enough.
-He dribbles too much and looses the ball.
-He isn't a good passer
-Bad crosses
-He almost never outrun his opponent to get a cross from the right side of the penalty area, he is too slow.

well, I guess much of this you can say about Del Piero aswell, and I think its true. Del Piero should be used as a sub.

The thing is, for a rightwinger to be pacy, and cross good. He is neither. Camoranesi should be used on the bench in that position or more to a more central role if we gonna use him. I would want someone like Cassetti to play right midfield. he is like we say in swedish: "Mer rakt på sak" than Camoranesi.

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think i want Riquelme more than i do Aimar.
no way in hell aimar is fantastic...And Valencia are really pissed off at him and he seems to be on his way out with Liverpool the only team to bid...Juve please get aimar he is way to good, and if not then please get Baptista or Riquelme theyre both so strong n great in attack.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Camoranesi should stay on the wing. he isnt good enough to play behind the strikers, once again, we'll be opting for a quick fix without really fixing the problem proparly.

Camoranesi is nowhere near a player like riquelme behind the forwards.

David Del piero makes some good points. Camo has improved but still lacks important aspects to his game as a right winger. i dont think he is too slow and what pace he lacks, he makes up for in dribbling skills. He does need to improve on crosses and passing in general however.

As for aimar and riquelme, they are both great. Aimar lacks strength and this is why he gets injured often but riquelme lacks pace but uses his strength to his advantage.

I wouldnt cry if Aimar joined because he has a lot to offer being able to play as a playmaker behind the strikers as well as a support striker upfront. But i think Riquelme suits Serie A better and he can help control our midfield better and link it to our forwards better.

Come to think of it, i wouldnt mind having both join.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
lol Adrian, true.
Imagine both Riquelme and Aimar :)

------Zlatan--Mutu
----------Riquelme
Nedved--Aimar--Emerson

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
-He isn't fast enough.
-He dribbles too much and looses the ball.
-He isn't a good passer
-Bad crosses
-He almost never outrun his opponent to get a cross from the right side of the penalty area, he is too slow.
Rubbish, rubbish, complete rubbish, nonsense, perhaps.

Camoranesi is not the fastest player on our squad (Zambrotta or Appiah takes that title) however he's not the slowest. He's no Robben however he has good enough pace to be a Juve player. Camoranesi used to dribble the ball too much however this season he has improved greatly and he was always able to earn us freekicks with his dribbling ability. Camoranesi's certainly a better dribbler than Nedved in tight traffic and we need his skill to draw defenders towards him and open up space for others.

Camoranesi could possibly be our best passer on the team. His longballs have set up numerous goals this season and has made some stellar crosses into the opposition box. It's just that we have missed Trezeguet's heading ability to meet those crosses he sends. But there is no question over Camoranesi's passing ability, long range at least.

And to call possibly our best midfielder on the season "not good enough for Juve" is absurb if you ask me. Just imagine if Olivera was our only option...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
lol Adrian, true.

------Zlatan--Mutu
----------Riquelme
Nedved--Aimar--Emerson
actually, i was thinking putting aimar where mutu is. i like aimar and if he can regain his parma form, then his spot is cemented, but right now, i'll be surprised if he regain that form from the off.

anyway, its unrealistic and i doubt either will join. moggi will bring in some average player who he thinks is great to save money while riquelme, aimar, rosicky and pizarro join other big clubs.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
lol Adrian, true.

------Zlatan--Mutu
----------Riquelme
Nedved--Aimar--Emerson
That's too attacking, imo :D

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

and get gerrard instead of aimar
Gotta love it :lick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)