We need a new centre back any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
d.nico said:
Someone can be a better tackler if he can read the game well....Thuram do it better, so he is a better tackler.
Tackling takes more than just reading the game...as Cronios said it also takes timing and other factors. Puyol is not as good using positioning to get the better of an opponent like Thuram, however the Spaniard has better timing when going to ground and is more adept at going straight into the opponent and winning the ball. There is a difference, you know... So in tackling I would still have to say Puyol is superior.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I could also see us hijacking Corvino's move for Nemanja Vidic. He's a central defender for Serbia and Spartek Moskva, and has been very solid during his country's WC Qualifying campaign this past year. Vidic is not as well know as a Rodriguez or Perea, however he still has a bright future.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Tackling takes more than just reading the game...
not exactly like that IMO. reading the game is more than tackling.

RochemBeck said:
as Cronios said it also takes timing and other factors. Puyol is not as good using positioning to get the better of an opponent like Thuram, however the Spaniard has better timing when going to ground and is more adept at going straight into the opponent and winning the ball. There is a difference, you know... So in tackling I would still have to say Puyol is superior.
reading a game can help you better in timing and other factors....

andybandy

Aug 11, 2005
juve should consider brede hangeland from viking. i've seem him play and he is a terrific centre defender. He has played very well for Norway and his club. I guess he is cheap too. I can't see that happening though.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
chivu would be my first choice i would be really pissed if milan get him, although gonzalo rodriquez looks solid as well either of these two or both, would be amazing to add to the addition of sagnol

andybandy

Aug 11, 2005
juve should consider brede hangeland from viking. i've seem him play and he is a terrific centre defender. He has played very well for Norway and his club. I guess he is cheap too. I can't see that happening though.
ßüякε;905912 said:
Neither can anyone else in the civilized world.
I wrote this back in 2005.

Hmm...He just finished his best season and is regarded as one of the best centre defenders in premier league! I guess I was right all along:agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I could also see us hijacking Corvino's move for Nemanja Vidic. He's a central defender for Serbia and Spartek Moskva, and has been very solid during his country's WC Qualifying campaign this past year. Vidic is not as well know as a Rodriguez or Perea, however he still has a bright future.
Bravo Andy, fucking BRAVO! You called this one a long time ago.:beer:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Canna is crap. I wouldn't want to count on him as an everyday player. As a free player who can fill in and provide leadership to the squad he is great. But his quality is not what it once was.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Canna is crap. I wouldn't want to count on him as an everyday player. As a free player who can fill in and provide leadership to the squad he is great. But his quality is not what it once was.
You`d be surprised to see how "not crap" he is when he plays for us next season
taking his Madrid`s performance isn`t a wise thing to do
Real ruin players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)