We need a new centre back any suggestions? (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zlatan said:
Think is, I dont ha<ve faith in Puyol, he' seems to be rather inconsistent and unreliable.

On the other hand, I'd trust Thuram with my life. Almost.
Puyol is not unreliable...he's the best tackler and man marker in La Liga. Thuram is a great player but is not as good in the tackle as Puyol no matter what anybody says...Lilian wins tackles because he is very adept at reading the game and using his experiance and positioning to get the better of the opponent. And personally I believe Cannavaro is a superior tackler and marker to Thuram as well.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #163
    Roma defender Cristian Chivu has fuelled talk of a move to Juventus by claiming he wants to work with boss Fabio Capello again.

Giallorossi captain Francesco Totti stated last week that he would never wish to be coached by the tactician again, but Chivu has great respect for the Italian.

"Totti’s words? It is hard for me to mirror them," Chivu told Sky Italia. "Capello brought me to Italy and I would like to team up with him again.

"I must thank him because the fact that I am here is also down to him. When it comes to Capello, all you have to do is look at the number of League titles he has won."

Today’s comments will undoubtedly lead to speculation that a move to Turin at the end of the season is on the cards.

However, the Romanian international has committed his immediate future to the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

"I am at Roma for now and I still have two and a half years left on my contract in Rome," he added.

"You never know what will happen in football, even if it doesn’t always come down to the desire of a player.

"A contract extension? The club must make their move first, then we will have to wait and see what happens."

Chivu moved to Serie A three years ago after they beat Inter and a host of other clubs for the then Ajax stopper.

Chivu, who can play in the centre or at left-back, has also been heavily linked with a move to Milan recently.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Not to mention that we'd have a dangerous deadball taker in our team if we sign Chivu.

Next year's team consisting of Thuram, Canna, Chivu and Kovac would be great already!

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
    - vOnAm - said:
    Next year's team consisting of Thuram, Canna, Chivu and Kovac would be great already!

Chivu ?

next year we could not guarantee capello stay with us that he could bring Chivu as he did with emerson ,zebina ?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I guess not, i was just saying my preferance and that Chivu in the team would be enough already for next year.

I guess now would be a good time to start vBooking for "will Capello extend?" :D

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    RochemBeck said:
    Puyol is not unreliable...he's the best tackler and man marker in La Liga. Thuram is a great player but is not as good in the tackle as Puyol no matter what anybody says...Lilian wins tackles because he is very adept at reading the game and using his experiance and positioning to get the better of the opponent. And personally I believe Cannavaro is a superior tackler and marker to Thuram as well.
    Someone can be a better tackler if he can read the game well....Thuram do it better, so he is a better tackler.

Let's speak with the data. Can someone have statistics about average tackling per game or something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)