We need a new centre back any suggestions? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Zlatan said:
It is not painfully obvious that Thuram is past his best, you couldnt be further from the truth.True, he may not be as good, as quick or as atlhetic as he used to be, but I would still rather have him than a Rio Ferdinand, or a Puyol.

Watching Thuram play is sheer brilliance and beauty. There is no player in the world that can do things as classy, as calmly as he can. It's beautiful to see him take on younger, faster players and beat them with his experience and skills.

Thuram is still one of the best defenders in the world and far from past it.
word

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Zlatan said:
It is not painfully obvious that Thuram is past his best, you couldnt be further from the truth.True, he may not be as good, as quick or as atlhetic as he used to be, but I would still rather have him than a Rio Ferdinand, or a Puyol.

Watching Thuram play is sheer brilliance and beauty. There is no player in the world that can do things as classy, as calmly as he can. It's beautiful to see him take on younger, faster players and beat them with his experience and skills.

Completely agree.
IMO he still have 2 more year for us to depend on the back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
mark77 said:
What do you guys think about Felipe of Udinese? Milan want him so bad.
Felipe seems to be another great young player, certainly a more talented prospect than Barzagli in my opinion. The Brazilian reads the game extremely well, smooth with the tackles, and can bring the ball out of the back rather nicely with his passing range. He's also fairly versatile as he can play centerback and also out on the left.

I would say he's one of the top defensive prospects in Serie A, certainly better than Barzagli and Coda, however I would still prefer Rodriguez.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zlatan said:

Puyol is a better tackler than Thuram, and both read the game very well. If I had choose between the two I would have to take Puyol because he single-handedly conducts the Barca defense, as Marquez and Oleguer seem to be rather shakey at times.

Thuram certainly is not improving and while he does beat opponents with how he reads the game he still makes mistakes and crucial errors. I have always preferred him on the right because he is not adept at winning aerial challenges and some times get caught out with how he brings the ball up field. That said he's still good enough to play for Juve, obviously..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Have your pic:

Masiello
Criscito
Gonzalo
Barzagli
Coda
Canini
Bovo
Chivu
Felipe
Squillaci
Mertesacker
Pablo
Perea
Ujfalusi
Juan
Senderos
Huth
R. Carvalho
Abidal
Andrade
King
G. Milito
Givet
Bonera
Alex
Boulahrouz
Hübschman
Kompany
Luisão
Mexès

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Puyol is a better tackler than Thuram, and both read the game very well. If I had choose between the two I would have to take Puyol because he single-handedly conducts the Barca defense, as Marquez and Oleguer seem to be rather shakey at times.

Thuram certainly is not improving and while he does beat opponents with how he reads the game he still makes mistakes and crucial errors. I have always preferred him on the right because he is not adept at winning aerial challenges and some times get caught out with how he brings the ball up field. That said he's still good enough to play for Juve, obviously..
1. puyol is a better takler than thuram is debatable.

2. Puyol single-handedly conducts the Barca defense.
but look, how good is Juve defense and Barca??
and also even Nesta can't single-handedly conduct Milan defense (we knew Milan is considered not so good in defense recently). Remember Milan also have Maldini and Stam. I think system contribute a significant part on it.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Think is, I dont ha<ve faith in Puyol, he' seems to be rather inconsistent and unreliable.

On the other hand, I'd trust Thuram with my life. Almost.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Lillian is still to significant to Juve first team. Thuram- Cannavaro is considered by many as the top pair of centrals in Europe.......

We are runin out of time to find a prospect worth to replace him.And the worst is that smae thing is happen with Canna....

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #154
    RochemBeck said:

agree with you in the fact that i think in the last year thuram has made a few costly mistakes and it is maybe time to start looking for his replacement and we need better cover in CB than we currently have

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Eaglesnake_1 said:
    Lillian is still to significant to Juve first team. Thuram- Cannavaro is considered by many as the top pair of centrals in Europe.......

We are runin out of time to find a prospect worth to replace him.And the worst is that smae thing is happen with Canna....
    what do u mean?

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #157
    edpiero said:
    I think hes saying that Cannavaro's days are coming to an end Cronios...which I disagree of course.
    i haveto agree there i see canna playing as long as ciro ferrara and winning a few more titles first

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think the Juventus management are having a Leggoratglie-trauma and I understand them. After Leggro they bought Cannavaro, they did not accept but buyin the absolute best out there. This is what is making them hesitate, not to end up with a new Leggro.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)