We miss Luciano Moggi (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Moggi was a great transfer guru, but obviously he didn't make all those great transfers by playing clean.
Moggi was a tightwad. He wouldn't shell out anything for players, and when he did he was a complete cheapskate about it. A slap in the face as a wake-up call to all those who somehow think Moggi's continued presence with the club would have meant bigger signings this summer.

And while Moggi was adept with the checkbook, he also got us players like Salas and Leggrotaglie and he dismissed signing Kaká because of his name. The man wasn't perfect at the transfer market. Still, I do miss the guy ... he did a lot to make the club a great club and to defend it from its many enemies.

This is the board that decided to sell Balzaretti and shockingly Miccolli for peanuts. Miccolli would have been a very great asset to the team.
Miccoli would have been a whining cry-baby tyrant if he didn't get enough first-team play. He proved that in the past. And he's not a starter over Del Piero or Trez, so no dice.

This is the board that sold Mutu who was more than willing to help Juve in their hard times after the club helped him in his hard times.
This is business. While i couldn't fathom how we could choose Bojinov over Mutu, I am sure money savings had something to do with it.

This is the board that paid 9 mil for Andrade while Roma pay 4 mil for Juan.
Juan who?! :D

Yeah, well at least we didn't do something idiotic and drop twice that on Milito.

And where are all the names we heard of 2,3 months ago? Where is Huntelaar, Barzagli, Klose (same price as Iaquinta), Toni, Lampard? Where are the names worthy of this great team!
Have you forgotten the Moggi strategy? Leave everyone thinking you're acquiring Huntelaar, Barzagli, Klose, Toni, and Lampard -- and in the end pick up Leggrotaglie and Miccoli.

How quickly we've forgotten. How rosy the past seems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I can't deny that I do miss Moggi. He represented a very successful era at Juventus where he ran the club without a single penny from the Agnelli family and won all the torphies possible to win. I don't care what the scandals say because I have a mind to think for myself. And I do beleive Juventus were ambushed. We were never found BY THE COURT guilty for fixing any match. Never the less I am not saying that Moggi was an Angel. And I do beleive that he knew he should get his hands dirty to protect the club for the likes of Berlusconi and Moratti.
People still beleive that we doped our players although the court itself acquitted us from doing such a thing.

All that said, I'd still give a chance for our current management. They are not the most experienced when it comes to transfer market. Its like comparing Buffons experience with Mirante's. Both are excellent goalkeepers.
The board has done some mistakes, noone can say otherwise, or maybe they have done things most fans wouldn't agree on. Selling Balzaretti was a very sad thing. I personally would have kept him. Selling Mutu was obviously for the money. Remember we were in massive debt. SERIOULSY HUGE DEBT.
I read somewhere that this scandal cost us around 250 million euros. Slam Inter or Milan in the face with half of such an amount and see what happens.

Or lead players think the management are doing a good job or most of them wouldn't have stayed. They are closer to the club than all of us. Lets have faith in them.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
you miss the era of Moggi because of the success but not the person Moggi
I want success for Juve but not at all cost
I just posted a translation of a Belgian article about the last year of Juventus
read that , need I say more

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
I can't belive this. If Moggi was still here and if he brings Tiago, Iaquinta, ... most of you will say "what a great job". Because Moggi was gone most of you think that our board is sucks. It's true what Trigger mentione you probably miss the success not Moggi. If at the end of this season, we could qualify to CL everyone would be happy and Secco would be the best.
Let's wait and give our management a chance and support them and the team.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can't deny that I do miss Moggi. He represented a very successful era at Juventus where he ran the club without a single penny from the Agnelli family and won all the torphies possible to win. I don't care what the scandals say because I have a mind to think for myself. And I do beleive Juventus were ambushed. We were never found BY THE COURT guilty for fixing any match. Never the less I am not saying that Moggi was an Angel. And I do beleive that he knew he should get his hands dirty to protect the club for the likes of Berlusconi and Moratti.
People still beleive that we doped our players although the court itself acquitted us from doing such a thing.
For all the sportswriters that say juventini are in denial about the club's culpability, I keep thinking back to:

• The Mickey Mouse way the 'facts' were revealed -- slapped on someone's desk at the end of a failed series of lawsuits where someone, nudge nudge wink wink, says, "Someone should take a look at this."
  • The timing as Juve was about to wrap up a Scudetto -- just as the year prior where we saw people dig out old video of Canna at Parma supposedly doping himself in 1998.
  • How everything was handled behind closed doors. And at the first real thread of a public examination of this, everyone backs down.
  • The league has changed nothing administratively in response to this... Supposedly the biggest scandal in decades, and no one could be bothered to lift a finger to alter conflict of interest rules or anything else to protect the sport and the fans in the future.

Not that Moggi was innocent. But comon'!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I miss Moggi for sure!!! Whole Italy was fixing games, and still is. Just we are the one who paid for all.

But, look at the bright side, not in the past.

We will write history, again!!!

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
miss him ? i do and i dont blame him for anything.
but i don't want him back. we are a new juve now.

people still do not have a good grasp on the situation. we dont have neither the position nor the money to compete as well as in the moggi era.
sure moggi ran the club without the angili money but was after a major investment from them.
I'm sure that as soon as we get stable financially the angili's will cut the funding so that the club will run on its own.

people reminisce about the success.

IMO it is sad that some people are still disbelieving in the current team and the management.

do not reminisce, support. juve is greatness and eventually we will get our status back.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
This is the board that decided to sell Balzaretti and shockingly Miccolli for peanuts. Miccolli would have been a very great asset to the team. Palermo's offense of Amauri, Miccolli and Cavani looks better than ours.

This is the board that sold Mutu who was more than willing to help Juve in their hard times after the club helped him in his hard times.

This is the board that released so many players for free where they could have at least made a few mil on them and bought a decent CB.

This is the board that paid 9 mil for Andrade while Roma pay 4 mil for Juan.

This is the board that wasted so much time trying to buy Sissoko and Milito that they panicked and overpaid for most of our transfers.

And where are all the names we heard of 2,3 months ago? Where is Huntelaar, Barzagli, Klose (same price as Iaquinta), Toni, Lampard? Where are the names worthy of this great team! Fiorentina outmuscling us in the transfer market is a disgrace (Cacia, Vanden Borre). This board should go run Catania not Juve!
GREAT POST !!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
For all the sportswriters that say juventini are in denial about the club's culpability, I keep thinking back to:

• The Mickey Mouse way the 'facts' were revealed -- slapped on someone's desk at the end of a failed series of lawsuits where someone, nudge nudge wink wink, says, "Someone should take a look at this."
  • The timing as Juve was about to wrap up a Scudetto -- just as the year prior where we saw people dig out old video of Canna at Parma supposedly doping himself in 1998.
  • How everything was handled behind closed doors. And at the first real thread of a public examination of this, everyone backs down.
  • The league has changed nothing administratively in response to this... Supposedly the biggest scandal in decades, and no one could be bothered to lift a finger to alter conflict of interest rules or anything else to protect the sport and the fans in the future.

Thumbs up.. Good post :)

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006

Thank you
+rep

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Italy football culture has been and still is driven by the "resultist" philosopy. That is, get the best results no matter what you do. Luciano Moggi wa the best example you can find of this phenomenon.
what makes him so hated was precisely this. People like Galliani or Fachetti was as double-moral and corrupt as Moggi, but a far less efficient. He became so efficient the it was a MUST to stop him. Everyone was agree about this. Even the Elkann boys.
BUT THE FACT REMAINS THE SAME. THERE ARE FEW TEAM DIRECTORS IN THE WORLD AS EFFICIENT AND SHARP AS LUCIANO MOGGI......
much more preferably than to be as sfINTER directors, corrupt and inefficient....

vignola

Apr 17, 2007
We're Juve, we don't miss anyone. Regrets and nostalgia are better left to granata fans and the like. People come and people go. I don't judge anything else than Moggi's technical work now. He did very good things, but was also very good in hiding his faults. Signing Legrottaglie for a higher price than Nesta, for example. Or buying people like Mirkovic, Ban, Blanchard, Patrick Muller and so on. Anyway, thanks to Big Luciano, but now we have to look forward. We have a rather good and rampant team, let's see where we'll be at the end of the seasons.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We're Juve, we don't miss anyone. Regrets and nostalgia are better left to granata fans and the like. People come and people go. I don't judge anything else than Moggi's technical work now. He did very good things, but was also very good in hiding his faults. Signing Legrottaglie for a higher price than Nesta, for example. Or buying people like Mirkovic, Ban, Blanchard, Patrick Muller and so on. Anyway, thanks to Big Luciano, but now we have to look forward. We have a rather good and rampant team, let's see where we'll be at the end of the seasons.
Nice. :tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Legro seemed very promising when he was playing for Chievo and when we signed him every one concured that this is one of the better signings of the summer.it wasn't Moggi's fault if Legro was a disappointment.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
love the spirit.. Welcome to the forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)