We miss Luciano Moggi (2 Viewers)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
We have problems with our defense, we have problems with out midfield but our transfer guru's are sitting passively and watching...

Heinze: He was an option but Real got him
Emerson: we miss a player like Emerson, we had to sign him but Milan got him
Canavaro: He is our last hope. I hope that he rejoin us because our defense is like shit. No, sorry, shit stinks but our defense doesn't even stink.
Ranieri: what a clown...

My conclusion is that we miss Mr. Moggi. If he was with us, we would have got all best/better players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
We have problems with our defense, we have problems with out midfield but our transfer guru's are sitting passively and watching...

Canavaro: He is our last hope. I hope that he rejoin us because our defense is like shit. No, sorry, shit stinks but our defense doesn't even stink.

My conclusion is that we miss Mr. Moggi. If he was with us, we would have got all best/better players.

:wallbang:

I don't miss him one bit.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
From the transfer point of view,
if Moggi was here, he would have find better options than Emo, Canna and Heinze,
he would have used the money we spent for the likes of Iaquinta more wisely
and would have sold the 7-9 players we released/loaned for a sum close to 15mil.
With that extra money and his experience and skills we would have formed a very powerful team. Juve has never bought back a player, neither Moggi, here and now it was a time to create a new team from very promising players that would make the difference now and in the future, unfortunately our current managers are not experienced enough, they wasted a great deal of money to buy average players, they released half of our roster and they have strenghened our direct opponents (esp Fiorentina)
If not Moggi i wish we had someone with half of his bargain skills and experience...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

:disagree: What a fool.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I miss Moggi, he was the best transfer guru. I never had negative feelings for him. True he wasn't the cleanest guy around, but are Moratti and Berlusconi any cleaner? He was just the easiest target to destroy. If you guys know the full/real story you'd have nothing but mad respect for the guy. Moggi built a superpower and there's no way in hell Coboli will ever replicate Moggi's success.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
and he did bring in many good players as well.. 3 of them european player of the year, 1 fifa player of the year and other was best gk in the world...
but he also gave them away;) it's the new management that did the jobs who let those top players to stay.

it's not that i think that moggi sucked at the transfer market but everybody is saying the new management suck with the players they got now. but it looks like everybody is forgetting the bad players moggi got

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Although I agree that we need a defender, I beleive our management is somewhere around the right track. Its not easy having to deal with alot of debts and highly paid players in addition to trying to build up a new squad ready to compete against the best of the clubs.
I think the management did take few good steps, they might have been harsh but never the less they might have been the right thing to do.
When we went down to Serie B this management came into life. Meaning they did not start from scrach, they did not even have a scracth board. Unlike Milan when they were caught dirty handed in a match fixing scandal, Juventus got inaddition to Serie B demotion some pretty have financial hits. As far as I know, Juventus had to give back the money earned for winning the revoked scudetti (04-05, 05-06), let alone losing media rights and shirt sponsors (Tamoil, whether we liked it or not it paid more than any sponsor in the football world) and sports kit contract degrade (Nike). Unlike Milan, we did not receive a single penny from the owners. In conclusion Milan were in a much better state than us.

Lets take a look at what happened to Milan, they got promoted to Serie A the next season. They came with high hopes, but they got slapped on the face. They were too weak to compete, not for the grande prize, rather against relegation. They lost their battle and were shipped back to Serie B.

When our management took the job they new that this was going be the toughest task in football. To bring back Juventus to glory as soon as possible.
Crucial facts:
1- They got Deschamps as a coach. Someone who is ambicious, low price tag and salary, can reach to the players since he was a player at Juve not long ago. And the likes of Del Piero and Birindelli were there with him.
2- They sold most of the highly paid players, and kept the ones that truly carry the Juve soul in them (Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon. They forced players to stay against their will to keep a competitive squad as much as possible (i.e. Trezeguet and Camoranesi). They gave a chance to our youngsters like Paro and Marchisio, Players who we wouldn've have even heard about.
3- We go promoted.
4- IFI poor in 100 million euro.
5- They pressure Deschamps to resign. Who knows, maybe he wasn't fit for the job. This position should be filled with someone who expereinced in taking teams out of tight spots.
6- They brought Ranieri. He might not be a Lippi, but he sure has lots of experience in his pocket. He got Parma out of bad positions. In addition, he inforces entertaining football, something we need alot to keep our fans in the stadiums.
7- They loaned the young players (not all though).
8- They brought, Andrade and brought back Criscito to fill in the CB position. Ofcourse both are not Nesta and Cannavaro but for our budget we might not be able to get more. Whenever we bid for better players some team comes and out bid us. its normal other teams have more AVAILABLE funds than we do. And I do agree on the phylosiphy if we cannot afford a better player than the ones we have we should not pay and get players who are worse the one we have.
9- The mid field is where alot of work has been done. Almiron and Nocerino have immediately proven himsleves. Tiago needs time since its his first time to play in Italy. We have decent DMs and OMs. I think midfield should be left alone.
10- Bringing iaquinta in has various advantages. Although I agree that till now he hasn't played well, when he does he will bring speed to our forwards. He is a player who is different than Del Piero and trezeguet. He could be very useful. Inaddition to the fact that he is a world cup winner. Business wise he is useful. Even if that proves to be a bad purchase, its alright. One out of a bunch.
11- They negotiated Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet and Buffon to get the best deal from them. And they are doing so now with Alex.
12- During the preseason, I saw very positive notes. A team that is welded together as one spirit and soul. We might have lost most of our preseasons but we were seriously competitive with the likes of Inter and AC Milans two teams one who won the Scudetto and the other who won the CL last season.

From the pervious notes, I say both Ranieri and the management are doing a good job. They need time. Thats all. Lets have faith in them.

Mar 28, 2007
I miss Moggi, he was the best transfer guru. I never had negative feelings for him. True he wasn't the cleanest guy around, but are Moratti and Berlusconi any cleaner? He was just the easiest target to destroy. If you guys know the full/real story you'd have nothing but mad respect for the guy. Moggi built a superpower and there's no way in hell Coboli will ever replicate Moggi's success.
ever since our 2 agnelli were gone... :tup:

Mar 28, 2007
but he also gave them away;) it's the new management that did the jobs who let those top players to stay.

it's not that i think that moggi sucked at the transfer market but everybody is saying the new management suck with the players they got now. but it looks like everybody is forgetting the bad players moggi got
he gave one away.. and got 2 good players back.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)