We miss Luciano Moggi (5 Viewers)

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    Isn't Canavaro the best short-time solution? I am really worried :(

ps: can someone do something with Boumsong, don't wanna see him in juve shirt

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
    Although I agree that we need a defender, I beleive our management is somewhere around the right track. Its not easy having to deal with alot of debts and highly paid players in addition to trying to build up a new squad ready to compete against the best of the clubs.
    I think the management did take few good steps, they might have been harsh but never the less they might have been the right thing to do.
    When we went down to Serie B this management came into life. Meaning they did not start from scrach, they did not even have a scracth board. Unlike Milan when they were caught dirty handed in a match fixing scandal, Juventus got inaddition to Serie B demotion some pretty have financial hits. As far as I know, Juventus had to give back the money earned for winning the revoked scudetti (04-05, 05-06), let alone losing media rights and shirt sponsors (Tamoil, whether we liked it or not it paid more than any sponsor in the football world) and sports kit contract degrade (Nike). Unlike Milan, we did not receive a single penny from the owners. In conclusion Milan were in a much better state than us.

Lets take a look at what happened to Milan, they got promoted to Serie A the next season. They came with high hopes, but they got slapped on the face. They were too weak to compete, not for the grande prize, rather against relegation. They lost their battle and were shipped back to Serie B.

When our management took the job they new that this was going be the toughest task in football. To bring back Juventus to glory as soon as possible.
    Crucial facts:
    1- They got Deschamps as a coach. Someone who is ambicious, low price tag and salary, can reach to the players since he was a player at Juve not long ago. And the likes of Del Piero and Birindelli were there with him.
    2- They sold most of the highly paid players, and kept the ones that truly carry the Juve soul in them (Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon. They forced players to stay against their will to keep a competitive squad as much as possible (i.e. Trezeguet and Camoranesi). They gave a chance to our youngsters like Paro and Marchisio, Players who we wouldn've have even heard about.
    3- We go promoted.
    4- IFI poor in 100 million euro.
    5- They pressure Deschamps to resign. Who knows, maybe he wasn't fit for the job. This position should be filled with someone who expereinced in taking teams out of tight spots.
    6- They brought Ranieri. He might not be a Lippi, but he sure has lots of experience in his pocket. He got Parma out of bad positions. In addition, he inforces entertaining football, something we need alot to keep our fans in the stadiums.
    7- They loaned the young players (not all though).
    8- They brought, Andrade and brought back Criscito to fill in the CB position. Ofcourse both are not Nesta and Cannavaro but for our budget we might not be able to get more. Whenever we bid for better players some team comes and out bid us. its normal other teams have more AVAILABLE funds than we do. And I do agree on the phylosiphy if we cannot afford a better player than the ones we have we should not pay and get players who are worse the one we have.
    9- The mid field is where alot of work has been done. Almiron and Nocerino have immediately proven himsleves. Tiago needs time since its his first time to play in Italy. We have decent DMs and OMs. I think midfield should be left alone.
    10- Bringing iaquinta in has various advantages. Although I agree that till now he hasn't played well, when he does he will bring speed to our forwards. He is a player who is different than Del Piero and trezeguet. He could be very useful. Inaddition to the fact that he is a world cup winner. Business wise he is useful. Even if that proves to be a bad purchase, its alright. One out of a bunch.
    11- They negotiated Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet and Buffon to get the best deal from them. And they are doing so now with Alex.
    12- During the preseason, I saw very positive notes. A team that is welded together as one spirit and soul. We might have lost most of our preseasons but we were seriously competitive with the likes of Inter and AC Milans two teams one who won the Scudetto and the other who won the CL last season.

From the pervious notes, I say both Ranieri and the management are doing a good job. They need time. Thats all. Lets have faith in them.
    i totally agree ..

we need to wait .. they need time .. long time to make a good team ..

we saw how the team was developing after each pre-season game ..

this will cont .. am sure ..

we wont be as strong as 2 years ago .. but we will be a good team .. thats am sure of

Jul 5, 2005
    i totally agree ..

we need to wait .. they need time .. long time to make a good team ..

we saw how the team was developing after each pre-season game ..

this will cont .. am sure ..

we wont be as strong as 2 years ago .. but we will be a good team .. thats am sure of
    I agree but how much time it will take for Juve to be competitive for Siere A? I can imagine any Juve fan to be satisfied if the team isn't in high positions.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
    Although I agree that we need a defender, I beleive our management is somewhere around the right track. Its not easy having to deal with alot of debts and highly paid players in addition to trying to build up a new squad ready to compete against the best of the clubs.
    I think the management did take few good steps, they might have been harsh but never the less they might have been the right thing to do.
    When we went down to Serie B this management came into life. Meaning they did not start from scrach, they did not even have a scracth board. Unlike Milan when they were caught dirty handed in a match fixing scandal, Juventus got inaddition to Serie B demotion some pretty have financial hits. As far as I know, Juventus had to give back the money earned for winning the revoked scudetti (04-05, 05-06), let alone losing media rights and shirt sponsors (Tamoil, whether we liked it or not it paid more than any sponsor in the football world) and sports kit contract degrade (Nike). Unlike Milan, we did not receive a single penny from the owners. In conclusion Milan were in a much better state than us.

Lets take a look at what happened to Milan, they got promoted to Serie A the next season. They came with high hopes, but they got slapped on the face. They were too weak to compete, not for the grande prize, rather against relegation. They lost their battle and were shipped back to Serie B.

When our management took the job they new that this was going be the toughest task in football. To bring back Juventus to glory as soon as possible.
    Crucial facts:
    1- They got Deschamps as a coach. Someone who is ambicious, low price tag and salary, can reach to the players since he was a player at Juve not long ago. And the likes of Del Piero and Birindelli were there with him.
    2- They sold most of the highly paid players, and kept the ones that truly carry the Juve soul in them (Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon. They forced players to stay against their will to keep a competitive squad as much as possible (i.e. Trezeguet and Camoranesi). They gave a chance to our youngsters like Paro and Marchisio, Players who we wouldn've have even heard about.
    3- We go promoted.
    5- They pressure Deschamps to resign. Who knows, maybe he wasn't fit for the job. This position should be filled with someone who expereinced in taking teams out of tight spots.
    6- They brought Ranieri. He might not be a Lippi, but he sure has lots of experience in his pocket. He got Parma out of bad positions. In addition, he inforces entertaining football, something we need alot to keep our fans in the stadiums.
    8- They brought, Andrade and brought back Criscito to fill in the CB position. Ofcourse both are not Nesta and Cannavaro but for our budget we might not be able to get more. Whenever we bid for better players some team comes and out bid us. its normal other teams have more AVAILABLE funds than we do. And I do agree on the phylosiphy if we cannot afford a better player than the ones we have we should not pay and get players who are worse the one we have.
    9- The mid field is where alot of work has been done. Almiron and Nocerino have immediately proven himsleves. Tiago needs time since its his first time to play in Italy. We have decent DMs and OMs. I think midfield should be left alone.
    10- Bringing iaquinta in has various advantages. Although I agree that till now he hasn't played well, when he does he will bring speed to our forwards. He is a player who is different than Del Piero and trezeguet. He could be very useful. Inaddition to the fact that he is a world cup winner. Business wise he is useful. Even if that proves to be a bad purchase, its alright. One out of a bunch.
    11- They negotiated Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet and Buffon to get the best deal from them. And they are doing so now with Alex.
    12- During the preseason, I saw very positive notes. A team that is welded together as one spirit and soul. We might have lost most of our preseasons but we were seriously competitive with the likes of Inter and AC Milans two teams one who won the Scudetto and the other who won the CL last season.

From the pervious notes, I say both Ranieri and the management are doing a good job. They need time. Thats all. Lets have faith in them.

Great post :tup:

If they bring also Canna back then IMO they do great job this year. Hunter will be cream on the cake.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    We have problems with our defense, we have problems with out midfield but our transfer guru's are sitting passively and watching...

Heinze: He was an option but Real got him
    Emerson: we miss a player like Emerson, we had to sign him but Milan got him
    Canavaro: He is our last hope. I hope that he rejoin us because our defense is like shit. No, sorry, shit stinks but our defense doesn't even stink.
    Ranieri: what a clown...

My conclusion is that we miss Mr. Moggi. If he was with us, we would have got all best/better players.
    I agree with most of this, but I definately didn't want Heinze. Moggi was the man, he knew how to build a team.

adelove

The Very Special One
    Sep 29, 2003

Crucial facts:
    3- We go promoted.

:tup: :agree: ABSOLUTELY spot-on!!!The triade era was good while it lated.but the bubble burst n we must move on.In the light of the scandal,it was crucial(though painful n costly) 4 us 2 shed ourselves of any vestiges from our recent past.

Blanc,Secco,Gigli n CR do not come with impressive resumes,but I think they are moving in the right direction.We do not have funds to throw around like b4;we have 2 b prudent with resources 4 now,get that CL spot n than take the next step in re-building the team(i.e. adding a few more champions/tested n trusted players)

There WILL be some turbulence along the way,but juve will be back..bigger n better..RELOADED

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Greaaat post ZAF3000 !!!

I tottaly agree with you and I must say that the fans are expecting a lot from Juve, they want scudetto immediately etc. which is quite a big task for a side who just came form B (not to mention that was a big task even when we were strongest).

Only thing I really object to our board is the way how easily and cheap we sold/release some of our players.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    I think the fans are more realistic than that. I think they expect a CL spot and hope for a scudetto. I think it is going to be a tall order to even qualify for the CL.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Moggi was a great transfer guru, but obviously he didn't make all those great transfers by playing clean. But then again no-one does. He was caught were others were not. But if he truly knows something he should let it out. What is he waiting for? Inter to be top by a few points and in the semi-final of the CL, so that they start playing shit after he comes out with whatever he knows?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006

Crucial facts:
    3- We go promoted.

Great post.

Isn't Canavaro the best short-time solution? I am really worried :(

ps: can someone do something with Boumsong, don't wanna see him in juve shirt
    If you think you can do a better job, you fly to Madrid and get Cannvaro then.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    Moggi was a great transfer guru, but obviously he didn't make all those great transfers by playing clean. But then again no-one does. He was caught were others were not. But if he truly knows something he should let it out. What is he waiting for? Inter to be top by a few points and in the semi-final of the CL, so that they start playing shit after he comes out with whatever he knows?
    If he starts throwing people under the bus, it will lessen his chances of getting another job. Pride vs. Reason.

OP
    JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    Great post.

If you think you can do a better job, you fly to Madrid and get Cannvaro then.
    these s.o.b don't give me this opportunity. I am telling you, this year we will get more goals against us than we score. Our defense is like shit. yes shit. My granny can do better than those amateurs. And we need a vucking leader like vucking Canavaro to manage everything from behind. Is it difficult to see that our defense is crap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)