WC2006 Qualifier: Italy - Slovenia (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well i dont care who plays as long as we get the 3 points in the bag. A draw or loss against Slovenia cant be a good thing.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Perrotta doubt for Lippi
    Tuesday 5 October, 2004

Simone Perrotta could be forced into an early exit from the Italy squad with injury, while we look at the side likely to face Slovenia.

Roma midfielder Perrotta has not taken part in full training since meeting up with the rest of the Azzurri on Monday morning due to a knock. He suffered heavy bruising to his left leg during the closing stages of the 3-3 draw with Inter and medical staff could decide to send him home.

This frees up a place in midfield that could be taken by his Giallorossi teammate Daniele De Rossi. The Under-21 international already impressed in his senior debut and scored in Sunday’s Serie A match.

He should be partnered by Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso, but there are three other tactical decisions that need to be made by Marcello Lippi.

Reports from the training ground suggest that Massimo Oddo and Daniele Bonera are battling for the right-back slot, while Valencia colleagues Marco Di Vaio and Stefano Fiore are contenders for a wide midfield role in a 4-2-3-1 system.

In the absence of Christian Vieri, the choice of centre-forward is up in the air between Alberto Gilardino, Bernardo Corradi and Luca Toni. The fact the Palermo striker is still recovering from a minor thigh problem could push Corradi ahead.

Meanwhile, Toni is also in the news with newspaper talk of a potential move to Roma.

“To hear that a great side like Roma is interested in me can only make me happy,” stated the ex-Brescia man. “To play for any big club, including the Giallorossi, is the dream of any player.”

We should have a clearer picture of the squad Lippi plans to field against Slovenia when Italy play their traditional friendly match against the Under-18 squad on Wednesday afternoon.

channel4.com

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
    I like Lippi calls young players like De Rossi, Gilardino, Zaccardo, Bonera and Toni they are good players i think they will make the different .......

Bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)