WC2006 Qualifier: Italy - Slovenia (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Its obvious that we dont have a "real" striker of the Christian Vieri class, who is almost guaranteed to score, also like Henry

Bobo may have been off form at the Euro's , but hopefully he'll get back to his best soon.....

Toni, Gila, and even Cassano will not cut it as our main striker

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
You do realise that you didn't mention a single player who is defensively adept. Do you want me to tell you why you didn't? That's because Brazil don't have any. They are far from unbeatable imo.

PS. A 70% Italy would beat a 100% Slovenia, a 100% Italy would kill them.
No, he's quite right. Brazil would do us much more harm than for instance Italy. They are just all over the place and perform tricks that make your head spin. We wouldn't be able to follow that quite good.

As for 70% Italy would beat a 100% Slovenia etc. ... IMO it's pointless to talk about that, because a team rarely is at it's 100%; all I can contribute in defence of my NT is that there's something that most of the teams lack nowdays, not only on international level, but also clubs and that is team work. We don't have one world class player, not even one that would come close to it, but we have a bunch of good players who would do absolutely everything on this world for their team and that is worth much more than a big star sometimes. When we are facing an opponent everyone works, without questions, without special demans, without primadonnitis. When I see my team I see players helping eachother on the field and not doing just their own work, but also taking on some extra and that is more than anyone can asks for. And this is when your team makes your proud, not the results and I'm proud 101%. Can you say the same for you and your team?

And just one little patriotic blitz that I cannot shake off :D The past results and us qualifying to EU02 and WC04 and beating a lot of prominent teams should make you think just a little bit before underestimeting us. We might not be a big country and we might not have known players, but we are FAR from being an easy team, especially at home.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

No, he's quite right. Brazil would do us much more harm than for instance Italy. They are just all over the place and perform tricks that make your head spin. We wouldn't be able to follow that quite good.

As for 70% Italy would beat a 100% Slovenia etc. ... IMO it's pointless to talk about that, because a team rarely is at it's 100%; all I can contribute in defence of my NT is that there's something that most of the teams lack nowdays, not only on international level, but also clubs and that is team work. We don't have one world class player, not even one that would come close to it, but we have a bunch of good players who would do absolutely everything on this world for their team and that is worth much more than a big star sometimes. When we are facing an opponent everyone works, without questions, without special demans, without primadonnitis. When I see my team I see players helping eachother on the field and not doing just their own work, but also taking on some extra and that is more than anyone can asks for. And this is when your team makes your proud, not the results and I'm proud 101%. Can you say the same for you and your team?

And just one little patriotic blitz that I cannot shake off :D The past results and us qualifying to EU02 and WC04 and beating a lot of prominent teams should make you think just a little bit before underestimeting us. We might not be a big country and we might not have known players, but we are FAR from being an easy team, especially at home.
it took me 3min to read this !:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)