[WC] World Cup 2022 - General Talk Thread (3 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Chile is our main hate nation : if an Argentinian cheer for Chile, that would be insane.

Brazil is more like an eternal rivalry because of footballing reasons : that said, i love the Brazilian national team: some of the best football i ever watched was Brazil in World cups
No hate towards Argentina either. Some of the best matches I’ve watched in my life we’re Brazil - Argentina. The only reason I’d be against it is because I don’t want Messi to win a WC otherwise I think it’s time the trophy goes back to South America just to balance things out a little.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Is this for real? This is insane.

I don't know if it's real, but I suppose it could be.

Obviously there are still deaths in construction work in Europe, but there is a lot of regulation trying to keep things safe and healthy. Over here I think companies are prosecuted often, but the penalties they pay are rather mild. In terms of public image though the consequences of not keeping your workers safe are significant.

As an aside I can also tell you that they usually put up big screens all over Belgium to watch the World Cup. These are very succesful events. A great number of them has already been cancelled now though. Part of it is the fact that it is all taking place in the winter, but I must say I can sense a lot of disgust too. I think most of us have accepted a bit of corruption (like maybe Germany paying a couple of million dollars as a small incentive), but this was just too blatant to get away with. I will probably watch a number of games, but I must admit I can't get excited about it either.

Jan 22, 2009
Is this for real? This is insane.

I just watched the Netflix documentary about FIFA and the deeply rooted corruption in the highest level inside the organisation and they also spoke about the inhuman conditions for the workers in Qatar and the huge death toll numbers mainly Nepalese and Indian workers...

Apr 12, 2004
I'm sure that's true. One image is one worker, not ten. That makes complete sense to me.

As an aside, I don't have a favorite for this WC, save for maybe the normal top teams, but this schedule is super weird and a dark horse could emerge. Instead of the season being behind you and finished, you have to come back and think about CL games against X team and such. Not that there will be 60 players affected by that, but they are mostly kids. Shit affects people differently. I can tell you now Portugal has no chance. Every single press conference is going to be about Ronaldo and his bullshit, which will be exactly like that France squad two cups ago that sent half of its team home for bickering and coaching issues.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm sure that's true. One image is one worker, not ten. That makes complete sense to me.

As an aside, I don't have a favorite for this WC, save for maybe the normal top teams, but this schedule is super weird and a dark horse could emerge. Instead of the season being behind you and finished, you have to come back and think about CL games against X team and such. Not that there will be 60 players affected by that, but they are mostly kids. Shit affects people differently. I can tell you now Portugal has no chance. Every single press conference is going to be about Ronaldo and his bullshit, which will be exactly like that France squad two cups ago that sent half of its team home for bickering and coaching issues.
Italy won with Calciopoli hanging over the heads of the players. Sometimes bullshit helps deflect attention. The Portuguese are also famous for having a strong team mentality. They are pretty much never a team you like to go up against.

The French are just tools, who can't help but fight among themselves only to somehow unite every 20 years or so just to show they actually do have talent.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
France to win it.
Final with Spain
Would be insane to win it back to back but given that their team is on the verge of implosion with all the ego's in their dressing room, I guess a group stage exit is more likely.
Also it would continue the tradition of defending champions bowing out of the group stage in the following world cup.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I appreciate that people are looking out for the freedom to be what they are in the LGBTQ community.

But I draw the line at going door-to-door throughout your neighborhood to pick fights with anybody who isn't comfortable around queerness. That doesn't fix sh*t.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I appreciate that people are looking out for the freedom to be what they are in the LGBTQ community.

But I draw the line at going door-to-door throughout your neighborhood to pick fights with anybody who isn't comfortable around queerness. That doesn't fix sh*t.
I only accept big boobies going door-to-door and picking fights with me

Choosing my face as the preferred weapon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)