[WC] World Cup 2022 - General Talk Thread (5 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL

What is the feeling in Germany regarding this? Germany has turned into quite a meh team, wouldn't be surprised if Denmark goes further than you guys again. :)
Expectation is always that we gonna win it. Like with all the big football nations I guess.
Personally I don't really care with italy not being there. Munich isn't even gonna have public viewing as things stand. Most likely people still gonna watch, it's a worldcup still, but I don't know a single person looking forward to it.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Just wondering..
What are the reasons?
I know it's a minor thing everything taken into consideration, but for me personally is it also the fact that it's in the winther. To me a WC is a summer thing and not placed near Christmas where it's cold and dark outside.

I know the weather thing is from a European point of view as it's different for people from other parts of the World. But I even tend to forget the WC is nearly there, other times you been feeling the hype for a very long time.

This WC feeling is just meh all over imo.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Just wondering..
What are the reasons?
You have to ask? Really?

One of the reasons is that people aren't too fond of watching a worldcup built on the back of slaves. But that's just one of many reasons. Woman rights, gays, throw that into the mix.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's a minor thing everything taken into consideration, but for me personally is it also the fact that it's in the winther. To me a WC is a summer thing and not placed near Christmas where it's cold and dark outside.
That too.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just wondering..
What are the reasons?
for me it’s the whole middle of the season thing. feel like it’s a slight to the players to have it in the middle of the club season. and the there’s fact Qatar is going to use giant air conditioning blimps anymore. I was really looking forward to that

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Expectation is always that we gonna win it. Like with all the big football nations I guess.
Personally I don't really care with italy not being there. Munich isn't even gonna have public viewing as things stand. Most likely people still gonna watch, it's a worldcup still, but I don't know a single person looking forward to it.
To me it’s not even the place or time of the year. This is my 10th World Cup and all the people I know who are my age or older don’t care about it nearly as much anymore. Don’t get me wrong, everyone will likely still celebrate if their teams win but the tournament itself doesn’t hold the same level of importance and greatness in people’s lives as it used to. The lack of real quality national teams doesn’t help either.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I’m cheering for Qatar this WC. Hypocrisy of the West is unbearable.

The whole world know they bribed themselves into the WC, everyone knew hundreds of workers died during this proces, nobody gave a fuck until a few weeks before the start of the WC. Lets see in march who still talks about the dead workers, we know that answer already

Now after weeks of lobbying for the acceptance of rainbows, they came with a nice counter attack of not allowing beer. Good for them.

Instead of blaming Qatar, let’s look to those hypocrite fucks at the FIFA.

That's just gross :inter:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

The whole world know they bribed themselves into the WC, everyone knew hundreds of workers died during this proces, nobody gave a fuck until a few weeks before the start of the WC. Lets see in march who still talks about the dead workers, we know that answer already

Now after weeks of lobbying for the acceptance of rainbows, they came with a nice counter attack of not allowing beer. Good for them.

So FIFA helped Qatar in their sportswashing bullshit and you chose to cheer for Qatar? How?

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

I don't blame you for that toast. It's Friday and you're Dutch and we know what it means

Have a good one, mate :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)