[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (16 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

The Messi factor. Brazil will lose to a moment of individual brilliance. The four teams that have reached the semis (with the exception of Holland) have hardly been convincing (only in patches), and I just don't see what is so special about this German team. They lack creativity and ideas, and in Brazil they will be meeting a somewhat formidable opponent who are hungry and eager to appease the masses and win the game for their fallen hero and suspended captain (France are/were strong but lacked confidence and belief; had they pushed harder, they might have actually won that game). It's just a prediction on my part. I predicted a Brazil vs Argentina final before the tournament kicked off, and I'm sticking by it :stuckup:
:tup: - that's what I was trying to figure out :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
was talking about enjoying the games, not necessarily caring who wins out in the end. with you being a neutral fan now, you should relish the fact that the 4 best teams are left to battle it out as opposed to a minnow or two somehow sneaking thru only for some good team to finally wipe the floor with them at the semis.
Yeah, lots of such teams this time and there was no minnow who could take on a giant in the quarters or semis and play on equal grounds with the Goliath. The way the Bulgarians did it with Germany in 1994, or Croatia in 1998, again with the Germans. I hoped that Belgium or Chile are teams of such caliber, but they were not.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
belgiums biggest problem is wilmots and his post game interview only confirms his status as a really poor coach.
I fully agree with you

- - - Updated - - -

Germany and holland showcased the best determination and mentality,and the superior organisation.

one of them will take it home

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,728
    Juventino[RUS];4609826 said:
    They are without Aguero and Di Maria now, their 2 best players after Messi, what more can i say
    Wot?

Aguero's injury is a blessing for Argentina. So far Sabella has not shown his tactical genius, Argentina will have too much fire power for Netherlands but they can be outwit by LVG.
    Agreed. Aguero has been the Argentine Eden Hazard at this WC.

I think it will be an Argentina vs Germany final
    I wasn't asked either, but I agree with Salvo. :p

:dule:

Netherlands are the best team not to win a world cup and its about time they do....at their best dutch footie is brilliant....
    This isn't the honorary Academy Award for the perennial runner-up actor who has a last hurrah. The World Cup doesn't award a legacy of faithful last-step failure.

:agree:

Argentina will be in some trouble without Di Maria, No Neymar and Thiago Silva Brazil have just lost their best attacker and striker as well. The Germans should be licking their lips.
    Yes. But who knows how to defend Germans better than Dante? I don't think the Silva loss will be that big. As for Neymar, he is a massive loss -- and Brazil and Big Phil, in large part, have to shoulder at least some of the blame for why he's no longer in the World Cup. (Good article in the Sunday New York Times sports pages on that today.)

Neymar was also not 100% fit in the match against Colombia. You could say he wasn't his usual effective self anyway lately, as Big Phil is asking his team to issue beat-downs against the likes of Chile and Colombia where his sort of style wouldn't play as central a role. Who's to say that formula supposedly won't continue with the supposed "free-flowing" Germans?

Hulk has turned out to be their most dangerous threat on the left flank the past couple of knock-outs, and if they can get something productive out of that midfield of theirs they might be able to bruise one out on home soil to the Krauts.

As for the Argies, Di Maria is a loss. But the team has shown something new that they hadn't previously: a grinding and organized rear guard that could rise to the occasion against the likes of the Netherlands. Despite the Dutch height, chances are we might see a classic Garay header before this WC is out that could totally lock up the match for them.

Everyone expecting the Germans to do well simply because Brazil are missing Silva and Neymar is too simplistic.

Brazil haven't lost a competitive fixture at home in decades, and the Germans have been far from impressive. I expect the Brazilians to be organized and compensate the loss of their fallen and suspended team-mate with coherence, organization, and teamwork. They will prevail and confront Argentina in the final, where they shall lose 2-1 or 3-2 AET.
    Your thinking is similar to mine. I think it's a rough road for Brazil, but ironically if they play like they have the past couple of matches they could squeeze out a home result against Germany.

worst side? I thought Aregentina 2006 wasn't as good
    :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)