[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (11 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
Netherlands are the best team not to win a world cup and its about time they do....at their best dutch footie is brilliant....
As a neutral, wud like it to be either a Brazil Vs. Argentina or German Vs. the Netherlands final.... considering the rivalry and intense atmosphere the two games invoke..... lets admit the the rest of the games cud really use some intensity and fire after turning into a snoozefest once the knock out stage came rolling

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
I agree lately the tempo and overall quality has dipped but one could expect that in the elimination stages. Those two games in particular have something else in common though - both were early games, played during the hottest part of the day. No team can last running around for 90, let alone 120 min, in those conditions, so the spectacle suffers accordingly.
At least the SFs are played both late in the day.
:agree: early goals didn't help either

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree:

Argentina will be in some trouble without Di Maria, No Neymar and Thiago Silva Brazil have just lost their best attacker and striker as well. The Germans should be licking their lips.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree lately the tempo and overall quality has dipped but one could expect that in the elimination stages. Those two games in particular have something else in common though - both were early games, played during the hottest part of the day. No team can last running around for 90, let alone 120 min, in those conditions, so the spectacle suffers accordingly.
At least the SFs are played both late in the day.
:agree:

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
Of the four remaining teams, Netherlands have the weakest team.
yes,they have a weak midfield (and team, relatively) but can compensate for that with their attacking trident which have been very good so far
....and all the four teams have weak links which imo makes this tourney an open competition...after this part of the tourney it will come down to nerves and luck

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Everyone expecting the Germans to do well simply because Brazil are missing Silva and Neymar is too simplistic.

Brazil haven't lost a competitive fixture at home in decades, and the Germans have been far from impressive. I expect the Brazilians to be organized and compensate the loss of their fallen and suspended team-mate with coherence, organization, and teamwork. They will prevail and confront Argentina in the final, where they shall lose 2-1 or 3-2 AET.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Netherlands and Germany were far too convincing than Brazil and Argentine. Netherlands struggled against Costa Rica but the Dutch had many good games so far. So if I have to choose I would pick the europeans for the final based on their performance in the tournament. On the other hand I prefer the winner to be Netherlands or Argentine only because of Italy (I don't want Brazil getting too many WC or Germany having as many :tongue: ).

belgiums biggest problem is wilmots and his post game interview only confirms his status as a really poor coach.
Yep, he seems to be pretty poor coach. Belgium could have done far better.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Everyone expecting the Germans to do well simply because Brazil are missing Silva and Neymar is too simplistic.

Brazil haven't lost a competitive fixture at home in decades, and the Germans have been far from impressive. I expect the Brazilians to be organized and compensate the loss of their fallen and suspended team-mate with coherence, organization, and teamwork. They will prevail and confront Argentina in the final, where they shall lose 2-1 or 3-2 AET.
What;s the rationale of Brazil not losing to Germany because of the reasons you mentioned but doing so vs an even less impressive Argie team when they'd have T. Silva back? Not saying it can't happen just trying to follow some sort of chain of logic 'cause that's what you seem to try to establish above.
Are you saying Brazil are better off w/o T. Silva or that they would relax with him back in the line-up or what? And then how do you really gauge this Argie team considering the wimpy opposition they've had to deal with so far and even then not without struggling along the way?

- - - Updated - - -

belgiums biggest problem is wilmots and his post game interview only confirms his status as a really poor coach.
what did he say? that they played well and pushed the Argies to the brink?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What;s the rationale of Brazil not losing to Germany because of the reasons you mentioned but doing so vs an even less impressive Argie team when they'd have T. Silva back? Not saying it can't happen just trying to follow some sort of chain of logic 'cause that's what you seem to try to establish above.
Are you saying Brazil are better off w/o T. Silva or that they would relax with him back in the line-up or what? And then how do you really gauge this Argie team considering the wimpy opposition they've had to deal with so far and even then not without struggling along the way?

- - - Updated - - -

what did he say? that they played well and pushed the Argies to the brink?
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-criticises-ordinary-argentina-and-refereeing

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The Messi factor. Brazil will lose to a moment of individual brilliance. The four teams that have reached the semis (with the exception of Holland) have hardly been convincing (only in patches), and I just don't see what is so special about this German team. They lack creativity and ideas, and in Brazil they will be meeting a somewhat formidable opponent who are hungry and eager to appease the masses and win the game for their fallen hero and suspended captain (France are/were strong but lacked confidence and belief; had they pushed harder, they might have actually won that game). It's just a prediction on my part. I predicted a Brazil vs Argentina final before the tournament kicked off, and I'm sticking by it :stuckup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)