[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (51 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
lol they are not my boys, only this world cup :p how was the reaction in Iran to the team's performance?
Like always. They were first outraged why we were so bad against Nigeria (because obviously we must have been superior to them beating them with a couple of goals), then they were outraged why the ref robbed us of a win against Argentina, then they were outraged why we threw our chances of qualifying away against a poor not motivated Bosnia :haddadjunior:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Like always. They were first outraged why we were so bad against Nigeria (because obviously we must have been superior to them beating them with a couple of goals), then they were outraged why the ref robbed us of a win against Argentina, then they were outraged why we threw our chances of qualifying away against a poor not motivated Bosnia :haddadjunior:
that's way too many outraged people in one place :p

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. What sucks is that those four teams deserve to be where they are.
that's the part I like the most - why would you want the title being decided between anything but the best 4 teams?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Because I'm a butthurt Azzurri fangirl? :p
aaah, yeah, had forgotten about that part of the plot.

well, all the more reason for you to enjoy the rest of the WC without the added pressure. It's an once-in-4-years event, after all, and none of us can or should take witnessing another WC for granted ... if you know what I mean ;)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
aaah, yeah, had forgotten about that part of the plot.

well, all the more reason for you to enjoy the rest of the WC without the added pressure. It's an once-in-4-years event, after all, and none of us can or should take witnessing another WC for granted ... if you know what I mean ;)
I don't care really. I mean even Argentina can win it for all I care. I'm just trying to sound a bit more relevant :p

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Its weird since i have no favourites or dont really hate any team but when i start watching any match i start off as neutral but find myself supporting the underdog. Then i usually get more upset then i should and spoil a part of the day :D

lol they are not my boys, only this world cup :p how was the reaction in Iran to the team's performance?
Who you rooting for from the remaining teams?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I don't care really. I mean even Argentina can win it for all I care. I'm just trying to sound a bit more relevant :p
was talking about enjoying the games, not necessarily caring who wins out in the end. with you being a neutral fan now, you should relish the fact that the 4 best teams are left to battle it out as opposed to a minnow or two somehow sneaking thru only for some good team to finally wipe the floor with them at the semis.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
WΏΏdy?;4609768 said:
Its weird since i have no favourites or dont really hate any team but when i start watching any match i start off as neutral but find myself supporting the underdog. Then i usually get more upset then i should and spoil a part of the day :D

Who you rooting for from the remaining teams?

i support the materialization of the troll of the century, la albiceleste winning it all in brazil :D they are already tear gasing the argie fans, i think they will shoot them if they win :p

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
i support the materialization of the troll of the century, la albiceleste winning it all in brazil :D they are already tear gasing the argie fans, i think they will shoot them if they win :p
Wait, you have blue balls now? :p Since when are you a mod? Congrats. Never thought you would take up that job :D Break your card virginity yet? :D

I think Germany winning would be tolerable, i wouldnt even mind brazil winning it now that Neymar is out.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany in that order. Anyone but the fucking Germans winning this. Oh, and someone put Muller out for good with a karate tackle or something. Such a unlikable, emotionless faced cunt he is.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,679
    is it just me or are there so many snoozefest matches. maybe I've just been watching the wrong ones.
    Since the group matches, the excitement has taken a major step backwards, IMO.

Let me tell you about Jimmy Carter.

All the QF games were average to poor. USA '94 still sets the standard for stellar QF matches.
    QF and Round of 16 included, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)