[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (6 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But there is actually jungle/forest in Brazil, and lots of it… It's called the f*cking Amazon, and it's one of the largest on the planet. What I don't get the asinine straw man non-argument that's being fumbled together here.

At lest you could offer some context/meaning/definition to "Nazi trench carnage"? Because that's just mumbo jumbo that means sweet FA as a standalone statement.
You're a bitter butthurt Eurocentric Aussie.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the Italian national team along with all it's players, with all my respect to Pirlo, never blame themselves for bad performance.
He said this before the Uruguay match and Marchisio mentioned the hallucinations right after they beat England. I doubt they had this prepared in case they fail, even if I won't take that possibility as impossible.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He said this before the Uruguay match and Marchisio mentioned the hallucinations right after they beat England. I doubt they had this prepared in case they fail, even if I won't take that possibility as impossible.
Before the Uruguay match means after they got humiliated by Costa Rica. Marchisio hallucinates even in a Siberian winter, nothing significant in what he said. Then again, why did the complaints about the climate come only from the Italians? Spain didn't say a word about the humidity and they are a much better team than Italy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
(My) commentator said how some Italian NT doctor said that weather is not an excuse at all. He also said people should stop talking about it because it only creates a problem in players' head.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Before the Uruguay match means after they got humiliated by Costa Rica. Marchisio hallucinates even in a Siberian winter, nothing significant in what he said. Then again, why did the complaints about the climate come only from the Italians? Spain didn't say a word about the humidity and they are a much better team than Italy.
We in juventuz get most of the news from them. My team beat Cameroon in Manaus 4:0 and they all highlighted the fact that the weather conditions there and in Natal were inhuman. I'm sure the others who had their matches in the north (England?) complained a lot too.

But it's over now. After 3 matches the players adapted and now everyone plays on equal ground.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Absolutely not. As Aaron and the other Americans already established, the weather is perfect and the only problem are the icebergs on the pitch.
I repeat, the weather is great, it's not a jungle, watch out for the icebergs.
Never said any of that. Icebergs, really!:lol:

Argued that the weather is hot, but no hotter than places in Europe. If Italy and Croatia didn't train for the conditions, then that's their problem.
The US have played all of their matches in the rainforest and we did alright.

Also, told you to stop with the jungle boy comments in regards South American players. Looks like you have. So thanks for that.

- - - Updated - - -

You make it sound as if there are no rain forests or jungle in Brazil? What on earth does geography and vegetation have to do with nationalism? It's a flimsy and intellectually weak comparison at best.. To mention that Brazil has a lot of jungle and rainforest is statement of fact, you should be placing infections on those stating the opposite for being fatuous and purposely untruthful.
It actually had nothing to do with the weather or geography bro.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's an America-centric view. If you infract "Brazil is a jungle" comments, you must start infracting "Fuck Milan and Barbara Berlusconi in the ass" comments, because they are seen as trolling by the minority of members here.
So far only the Brazilian member and the bunch of Americans are being sensitive when I criticize the World Cup. I will, of course, continue doing it, the same way I'll criticize Qatar in 8 years, and you won't mind it then. Feel free to show weakness and use mod powers when someone says Fuck Liverpool or Brazil is a jungle.
If people gang up on a member that does warrant an infraction. Just because someone is part of a minority doesn't mean it's okay to troll them.

However, I meant to type Jungle Boy instead of just Jungle. So I see why you feel you're being slighted. You see your complaining about the weather isn't against the rules but the use of semi racist language is.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Beautiful match :) , germany deserves praise for showing big team mentality and attacking until the end althrough being up 1-0 . This could have easily gone to penalties

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great match and respect to both teams for playing really good football. Both keepers were amazing but Neuer was out of this world.

Germany - France has all the ingredients to another amazing match. What a World Cup! So beautiful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)