[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (14 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
north of Brazil is pretty hot even on winter.

but the problem is the gametime. It's absurd to have games played at 1pm. Obviously at this time no one pays football in Brazil. Not even fun playing with friends is played at this time. It makes a huge difference.

The ideal would that games could be played at 4pm and 6pm. This is on FIFA, not on the country climate, which at 4pm, even at the hottest places at winter, is doable. At 1pm it's not.

Actually eveything is falling in place for Argentina. I wonder how many times they played at the north. How many km have they traveled? Probably the team with the softest schedule, with the best venues, with the shittier group, and the best drawing until semifinal. It's everything beautifully set so they can win it all and Messi to score 8-10 goals.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If this keeps up and I will only have Brazil to cheer for from SA, I hope leo get's injuried and Argentina wins without him.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The gap between them and the teams they faced is too big, even the weather couldn't compensate for it.
That sounds like an excuse. Sure, their group wasn't very tough but they dominated and now they got rid of Nigeria, a very good team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That sounds like an excuse. Sure, their group wasn't very tough but they dominated and now they got rid of Nigeria, a very good team.
Nigeria and Switzerland aren't South/Central American teams, so they face the same handicap as France. The fact that France beat them is meaningless for the weather discussion. France couldn't beat Ecuador (South America). What goes in your favor for this discussion is the French win against Honduras (Central America), who were probably the weakest team at the WC, together with Cameroon.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nigeria and Switzerland aren't South/Central American teams, so they face the same handicap as France. The fact that France beat them is meaningless for the weather discussion. France couldn't beat Ecuador (South America). What goes in your favor for this discussion is the French win against Honduras (Central America), who were probably the weakest team at the WC, together with Cameroon.
I think we're just gonna end up going around in circles here :D

Hopefully Switzerland beats Argentina. That would strengthen my argument.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hopefully Switzerland beats Argentina. That would strengthen my argument.
It won't. It's been ~20 days since the beginning of the WC so the players adapted to the weather. The victims fell in the opening 10-14 days of the tournament. Now the advantage is lost and we'll finally see which are the best teams of those who survived. Unfortunately for what could have been a great world cup, some meaningless teams managed to make it past better teams due to the unbelievable advantage they had with the humidity.

Oct 26, 2009
wait eneyama , is that the same guy who made some crazy saves against messi last world cup ?
one and the same....that's how African goalies are.....mostly makes crazy and spontaneous saves only to be done with silly mistakes as matches wears on mostly due to wrong timing and lack of concentration....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)