[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It seems that I missed a great match between La France and Nigeria, anyway, I am happy that France proceeded and even more that Pogba was a reason to that. This World Cup is really really great. The coming matches are starting to become amazing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Butthurtness can make you blind apparently, what a strange and lethal condition
Blind indeed, lol. I thought Bianconero_AUS was replying to me. Only now I see that you're someone I never saw before.
Welcome to the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get this humidity thing, I checked the local weather for my city and it says 82% humidity, I guess I live in Brazil too. :D
Where do you live?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Close enough. I'm in Skopje and it's just as hot as it's up there in Kosovo, with lots of humidity, just like it is in my country on the Adriatic. Folks from West or North Europe find our summers pretty tough to handle. But it's not even close to how we'll feel in the Persian gulf or Brazil. I was in Ukraine for the euros two years ago and I couldn't handle the air in Kiyv. It felt like I'm breathing the Dnieper river, even if the temperature showed only 19 C. It felt like 40 over here. I can only imagine how it's like in Manaus. But the experts here think there is no difference and Marchisio was lying about the hallucinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and you can stop arguing with me, folks, and start arguing with Pirlo.

"These factors are definitely important especially when you come to these countries with great heat and humidity and players more used to these conditions," Pirlo said.
"There are two World Cups. One in the north and one in the south."

Isn't Pirlo from a Mediterranean country? Why would he complain about the conditions in Brazil?

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
Yeah, specially because 80 to 90% of the southamericans in WC play in European/Northern Hemisphere leagues :facepalm2:

This is the first WC in which ppl are so vocal about the weather conditions. Coincidence or butthurt? I go for the second.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Close enough. I'm in Skopje and it's just as hot as it's up there in Kosovo, with lots of humidity, just like it is in my country on the Adriatic. Folks from West or North Europe find our summers pretty tough to handle. But it's not even close to how we'll feel in the Persian gulf or Brazil. I was in Ukraine for the euros two years ago and I couldn't handle the air in Kiyv. It felt like I'm breathing the Dnieper river, even if the temperature showed only 19 C. It felt like 40 over here. I can only imagine how it's like in Manaus. But the experts here think there is no difference and Marchisio was lying about the hallucinations.
Never really paid attention to humidity until now, but I guess you are right.

Those hot days when you are happy it's raining, only to make it much worse.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,732
    Yeah, specially because 80 to 90% of the southamericans in WC play in European/Northern Hemisphere leagues :facepalm2:

This is the first WC in which ppl are so vocal about the weather conditions. Coincidence or butthurt? I go for the second.
    Not only that, it's winter in Brazil. :lol2:

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    From what I've seen, this is the Mexico side I've been most impressed with. Were able to make it past a group they weren't expected to, and almost took a win against Netherlands. But then again, I don't remember much from previous Mexico teams. Losing to Maradona's Argentina is kinda embarrassing so I'd definitely say they're better than four years ago.
    This is the thing!

This side made a wolrd-wide impact! Not any other Mexican side achieved that. Now our players are recognised, and are revalued. Hopefully a lot more of clubs will put their eyes on Mexico and get some youth from here. I feel like this world cup will help us to take a step forward.

It's like in Germany 2006, we made a great match against Argentina and almost won, and because of that a lot of player emigrated to Europe. Now we already have a good amount of players in Europe, but this performance will only maximize this.

:touched:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Because our teams weren't eliminated early in the previous world cups?

It's hilarious how people from the new world are the ones who defend the conditions. You managed to make it a 24/7 job to defend the WC :lol:
    I'll keep giving you work and I'll enjoy it.

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
    Your absolutely right, now Summer in Brazil I would give you some credit for that statement: 35-40°C with 90%+ humidity, that some real damaging weather

Avg temperature in Brazil has been 25°C, meanwhile I'm freezing here. (3°C)

Bring me some heat FFS!

Nov 17, 2012
    We could just call Europe "Nazi trench carnage" and call it even, but I'm not so sure that makes this a better conversation/place.
    But there is actually jungle/forest in Brazil, and lots of it… It's called the f*cking Amazon, and it's one of the largest on the planet. What I don't get the asinine straw man non-argument that's being fumbled together here.

At lest you could offer some context/meaning/definition to "Nazi trench carnage"? Because that's just mumbo jumbo that means sweet FA as a standalone statement.

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
    Because our teams weren't eliminated early in the previous world cups?

It's hilarious how people from the new world are the ones who defend the conditions. You managed to make it a 24/7 job to defend the WC :lol:
    I'll keep giving you work and I'll enjoy it.
    Meanwhile we'll keep thriving on your saltyness

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Find a way to tell Pirlo that he's wrong and he should enjoy the winter in Brazil instead of complaining about the weather. He defo doesn't know that it's much worse in Italy right now and he should be happy that Italy played their matches in the cold Brazilian winter. And someone should tell Marchisio that cold weather can also result with hallucinations

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and you can stop arguing with me, folks, and start arguing with Pirlo.

"These factors are definitely important especially when you come to these countries with great heat and humidity and players more used to these conditions," Pirlo said.
    "There are two World Cups. One in the north and one in the south."

Isn't Pirlo from a Mediterranean country? Why would he complain about the conditions in Brazil?
    Because the Italian national team along with all it's players, with all my respect to Pirlo, never blame themselves for bad performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)