[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (9 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A few notes

The first game of the tournament, is allmost as important as the final in terms of pressure. The Hosts first game. For the final the best referree is chosen, but in terms of pressure, this should also be the case for the first game.
Look at that ref when he gave the penalty and Croatian players assaulted him. He had 0 authority. Imagine if it was Howard Webb, that wouldnt have quite gone that way.
This guy is asian, i dont give a shit, he could be from mars for all i care. But what matters, is wether he's proven quality under pressure with lots of experience. This guy absolutely wasent. This game should have gotten the ref it needs, and it got the ref, brazil needed.

Is brazil a crappy team ? Oh you could be very surprised. In the group stages, especially first game, they must make the play. They'll get teams that they are better suited against for making the play now. Once they are out of the group, they arent forced to impost their play, they come against opponents that arent sitting in front of their backline. That suits this brazil much better. A bit like italy 2 years ago.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
:lol:

Actually, I'll do the exceptionally rare thing and come to Lion's defense here. (Not like he asked.) There are going to be worse officiating decisions to come in closer matches. Strap on, boys. This ride is just getting started, and that was nothing.
I actually agree with this, it's only the start of more poor officiating from the refs.

Mar 4, 2007
I don't want to be controversial here, but I didn't see anything "outragous". Sure the ref was hoodwinked by a dive, it happens unfortunatly, and will more than likely happen again.

Until I get referee displays such as that who reffed Korea in 2002 then i'll start getting suscpicous of refs favoring the home team.
This is not the first time we saw them get favored. But let's hope for a great world cup like the 06 one.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We definitely had the wrong approach after the 1st goal, chickened out, and Jelavic should have never started, but later on we started playing little better. Towards the end, while chasing the result, we held Brazilians for a good period on their own half, created nice chances, got ourselves in some good positions in the final 3rd, but undoubtedly the ref was more than little biased; not just for the penalty that didn't exist, but there were lot of other situations tonight where you could see how succeptible that guy is to pressure coming from the Brazilian bench.
you guys did just fine. Brazil was pressing like mad, you set back, then when they were catching breath, pressed forward and in the end, more or less leveled out.

Thing is, your keeper should have stopped the first and third goal, and the second was a nonexistant penalty

Without the goalkeeper letting you down and brazil getting gifts, it could definatly have been a draw or a win for croatia.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
you guys did just fine. Brazil was pressing like mad, you set back, then when they were catching breath, pressed forward and in the end, more or less leveled out.

Thing is, your keeper should have stopped the first and third goal, and the second was a nonexistant penalty

Without the goalkeeper letting you down and brazil getting gifts, it could definatly have been a draw or a win for croatia.
Goalkeeper was terrible as well now that u mention it, There was a faoul in the buildup to the 3rd goal as well. Croatia were very unlucky today and it actually reminded of me 2002 when Italy got screwed in every game they played that tournament.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)