[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And people said they would favor Brazil for being hosts pfft. Hardest path of them all. If they end the group stage as 1st they play either Spain/Netherlands, then Uruguay/Colombia, then Germany/France, then a Argentina/Italy/Spain final. Hardest World Cup ever for us.
It's a hard draw, but I do expect a good number of strong European teams to fall victims to the climate, the higher grass in Brazilian pitches etc. Something similar to 2002. That way Brazil's road to the final will become easier. I don't see more than 3, maximum 4 European teams in the quarters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Hope Vidal owns Xavi and co.

Group E has to go down as one of the most uninteresting WC groups ever.

Pirlo to make a prat out of Hart again.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
US has a really tough group but knowing how inconsistent Portugal is, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get second. No one thought we'd get first in 2010 either.

And I hope Ghana gets no points at all. Fuck yea, USA!

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Or most likely...

Brazil - Netherlands
Colombia - Uruguay
France - Nigeria
Germany - Russia
Spain - Mexico
Italy - Ivory Coast
Argentina - Ecuador
Belgium - Portugal
I'll take that... Brazil always has problems with Netherlands, Germany vs Russia is tricky Argentina Ecuardor is a tough game for Argentina and if we beat I C we get Spain whom we are over due to beat them :)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
US has a really tough group but knowing how inconsistent Portugal is, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get second. No one thought we'd get first in 2010 either.

:rofl:
You guys are good as gone. And US is Ghana's bitch they knocked you guys out in '06, in 2010 and now in 2014.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I like Italy's group though. England and Costa Rica should be easy points. Will challenge uruguay for top spot.

I could see England getting sent home with only a point or two
Lol Costa Rica will not be an easy win. They showed great level in the Qualifiers and are a team touch to crack, with dangerous players upfront.

Do not be surprised if they give Italy a run for their money.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It's a hard draw, but I do expect a good number of strong European teams to fall victims to the climate, the higher grass in Brazilian pitches etc. Something similar to 2002. That way Brazil's road to the final will become easier. I don't see more than 3, maximum 4 European teams in the quarters.
Yes, the weather will help South Americans teams in general. But not Brazil, look at how they have to pave the way to the title. I really meant that, it'll be the hardest 4 matches for Brazil in a WC ever. I'll say they have this little advantage for being at home but still, they'll have to put on heroic performances to win this.

Meanwhile Argentina's having it handed to them, not a single top adversary until the semi-finals.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:rofl:
You guys are good as gone. And US is Ghana's bitch they knocked you guys out in '06, in 2010 and now in 2014.
Nah. They got incredibly lucky not to mention their scummy ways. We've got Klinsmann this time. Ghana is out.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes, the weather will help South Americans teams in general. But not Brazil, look at how they have to pave the way to the title. I really meant that, it'll be the hardest 4 matches for Brazil in a WC ever. I'll say they have this little advantage for being at home but still, they'll have to put on heroic performances to win this.

Meanwhile Argentina's having it handed to them, not a single top adversary until the semi-finals.
Chill man. The group is FAR from tought in comparison with Italy and Germany ones.

Brazill will shaft those teams, like seriously.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's what I meant. You're talking as if surprises won't happen. But they will. Is it really hard to imagine France ending 2nd in their group? They did terrible the last two times a WC was played out of Europe. If France end 2nd and Argentina win the group, there you have a strong team for the Argies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Chill man. The group is FAR from tought in comparison with Italy and Germany ones.

Brazill will shaft those teams, like seriously.
I'm not talking about the group stage, I mean past group stage (check my post above). We all know Italy and Germany will go through, what comes next is the real deal and Brazil's got it the hardest.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I meant. You're talking as if surprises won't happen. But they will. Is it really hard to imagine France ending 2nd in their group? They did terrible the last two times a WC was played out of Europe. If France end 2nd and Argentina win the group, there you have a strong team for the Argies.
Guess that's true, there are always surprises.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Sorry but the chances of USA getting 0 points are 10x higher then somehow getting second.

Portugal will claim its world cup this time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)