[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (57 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ghana is gonna foock you guys again! But damn this WC might not be so bad the groups look real good imo.
fuck those shameless time wasting cunts. i hope boateng catches malaria
The US as usual won't get too far. But they can certainly cause damage. They were the only nation that '06 Italy lost points to, for example.
still disappointed. with a favourable draw we could have had high hopes.
:|

FU Brasil.

- - - Updated - - -

I think so, which would be great for Italy.
The US too if they somehow made it past the group stage.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Got some feeling Spain won't be topping their group.

Italy v England first game ;)

Commentator just before England got drawn was saying "No not England! Not England!" ................"ENGLAND"

I think fuck it. Bring it on. Forza Gli Azzurri.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Which group was the one where the heats at its highest???
Group D. Italy's group. 90% humidity

- - - Updated - - -

Netherlands to flop and Vidal to knock them out.

Italy and Uruguay to win the first 2 games, tie each other in the last game and throw out england :tup:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #433
    i recall you complaining about china olymics times
    What I complained about was that they didn't air most of it live. You'd know who won the gold medal in an event but couldn't see the event until they tape-delayed the broadcast several hours for the daytime habits of viewers.

Believe me -- that would be the most awesome way to make most people in the Euro timezones to crap in their pants and set fire to everything in the streets: air the 3am matches instead at something like a tape-delayed 11:30am when everyone has already heard the results through other channels. :seven:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Say hi to Mister No, Prandelli. And good luck to England in that Manaus climate.

I planned for some time to go to Brasil next summer, but with Croatia actually getting Brasil, I'm soooo going. Sao Paulo :weee:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    Well Italy plays all 3 games in the north.
    It's all about the schedule. Any time before 11am and after 4pm is fine. One the reasons that 1970 cup gave the impression teams were slow was because it was played at midday under a burning sun.

I was born in the North and it's not as hot as some parts of South US can get. For the simple reason it's not as humid. There's always a breeze. But like i said, it depends on what time the matches are happening.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    It's all about the schedule. Any time before 11am and after 4pm is fine. One the reasons that 1970 cup gave the impression teams were slow was because it was played at midday under a burning sun.

I was born in the North and it's not as hot as some parts of South US can get. For the simple reason it's not as humid. There's always a breeze. But like i said, it depends on what time the matches are happening.
    Italy - England 10PM
    Italy - Costa Rica 1PM
    Italy - Uruguay 1PM

Sounds like they are pretty much fucked in game 2 and 3 (Played in Recife and Natal).

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Btw, the England - Italy game is the only game that starts so late (local time). Most games start between 1PM and 5PM with a few starting at 7PM. I wonder why did they push that game so much.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The time zones aren't that bad for Europeans. Looks like FIFA was thinking a lot about the European viewers. That's why the matches will start early in Brazil (1,4,5 and 7 pm). The only exception is England-Italym which starts at 10 pm local Manaus time.

To translate it in CET, the matches will start at 4, 7, 8 and 10 pm. Almost like being played in Europe :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)