[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (68 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Groups A, B, D, and G are beyond insane.

In A I predict Brazil and Mexico to go through.

In B Spain and Chile. Maybe holland but I really want Vidal to shine.

In D Italy and Uruguay. Maybe Engerland instead of Uruguay.

In G Portugal and Germany. Wouldn't surprise me if the US gets through though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Italy - England 10PM
Italy - Costa Rica 1PM
Italy - Uruguay 1PM

Sounds like they are pretty much fucked in game 2 and 3 (Played in Recife and Natal).
First match will be fine. The other ones not so much. But we knew from the start that anywhere on this side of the world will always favor South American teams. This will be no different.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The time zones aren't that bad for Europeans. Looks like FIFA was thinking a lot about the European viewers. That's why the matches will start early in Brazil (1,4,5 and 7 pm). The only exception is England-Italym which starts at 10 pm local Manaus time.

To translate it in CET, the matches will start at 4, 7, 8 and 10 pm. Almost like being played in Europe :touched:
Yeah, just saw it.
In your face, @swag :stuckup:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That's local time. 1 pm local time (13:00). That's 16:00 or 17:00 in Croatia. The time of the kick offs actually suit us better than they do to the Americans :lol:
:weee: For a moment I thought it's all lost for us in Europe as getting up at 3am would be unpractical for many reasons, but those are great times indeed.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Group C, E & H. :sergio:
Group C? It's a really really good group IMO. Colombia, Ivory Coast and Japan might not be world beaters but they are three good teams that can hold their own against most, and it's hard to tell who will be able to progress.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Italy plays england 1st .. costa rica 2nd ... uruguay 3rd

Italy HAS to win the 1st 2 games... England where they will have the whole stadium supporting them and then Costa Rica.... Im glad Uruguay is the 3rd game, hopefully its a glorified friendly by that point.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
And people said they would favor Brazil for being hosts pfft. Hardest path of them all. If they end the group stage as 1st they play either Spain/Netherlands, then Uruguay/Colombia, then Germany/France, then a Argentina/Italy/Spain final. Hardest World Cup ever for us.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And people said they would favor Brazil for being hosts pfft. Hardest path of them all. If they end the group stage as 1st they play either Spain/Netherlands, then Uruguay/Colombia, then Germany/France, then a Argentina/Italy/Spain final. Hardest World Cup ever for us.
Eduardo (Croatia) to score against his home country. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)