[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (60 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
:D so many players with 1000+ goals
:D Haha not really that many. Hardly 5 (by their maths), but see they add goals they scored from semi-pro days and whatnot. I never found it to be fair. That's why i liked the new list as it only counts competitive matches, no friendlies/preseason/etc... It shows why Romário was the best finisher and poacher of all time.

What i find impressive is... If look at Football history, look how hard it is for a striker to break the 400th goal mark. Hell, look how hard it is for some strikers of today to score a mere 100 goals. You can be a goal scoring machine like Raul or Ronaldo/Messi and still not even reach half of what players like Pelé, Romário or Puskas have reached. It's simply extraordinary, myth-like, really.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:D Haha not really that many. Hardly 5 (by their maths), but see they add goals they scored from semi-pro days and whatnot. I never found it to be fair. That's why i liked the new list as it only counts competitive matches, no friendlies/preseason/etc... It shows why Romário was the best finisher and poacher of all time.

What i find impressive is... If look at Football history, look how hard it is for a striker to break the 400th goal mark. Hell, look how hard it is for some strikers of today to score a mere 100 goals. You can be a goal scoring machine like Raul or Ronaldo/Messi and still not even reach half of what players like Pelé, Romário or Puskas have reached. It's simply extraordinary, myth-like, really.
:agree: it makes the goal record of these players even more impressive if you know that C.Ronaldo/Messi score 50-60 goals per season.

i have a question. do you remember a few years ago when Pele was selling gold-medals with his goals on them. Did he include all his goals or just those from competitive matches? and how much did he earn from those? :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Iirc, Romario also counted goals from friendly games, and goals from the -19, whilst the statistics didnt, wich is why he claims he scored over 1000 and stats show 700something.

Also, didnt Pele score over 900 goals aswel ?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pele scored over 1200 (or 1400 not sure) total goals in which he counted goals from all competitions + friendlies, beach football etc. but the number of official goals that he scored in real competitive football was 757 in all competitions :D

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Iirc, Romario also counted goals from friendly games, and goals from the -19, whilst the statistics didnt, wich is why he claims he scored over 1000 and stats show 700something.

Also, didnt Pele score over 900 goals aswel ?
Yes, everyone who claims they scored over a 1000 goals take everything into consideration, friendlies and whatnot.

Pele scored over 1200 goals but the surprise here is that when you count only the competitive matches, in other words the real deal, Romario becomes the greatest scorer of all time.

Some people here laughed at me when i stated the fact that Romario was not only better than this-guy-i-also-love Baggio but would easily make it to a top 10 of all time. In front of goal, in the box he was the best striker there ever was, there is no equal.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I fully agree you can't compare players with different roles. Unless it's in the context of a top-insert a number here- of all time list. Then it don't matter, what matter is what one has done in one's career.

Something i forgot to post; Top 10 still active players. Del Piero :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)