[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (66 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 4, 2007
It's better this way. A lot of players used to get advantage and not stay where they should on free-kicks. Look what Pirlo did with the correct distance.
The goal is what rules this game, and if you get one legit goal and it doesn't counts because the referee didn't saw it, well, it's simply not fair.

There should be off-side technology as well.
Football without controversies will be boring. The game was just perfect the way it was. Sometimes mistakes will go against you and sometimes it will favor you. that's part of the game and the emotions it brings as fans. The spray thing is ridiculous and stupid. Whenever the players move forward after the ref is not looking it makes me smile specially when my team dose it and when the other team dose it the opposite :). But now the more technology they add the more they will kill the game and suck the life out of it.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
argentina should play:

masch gago biglia

Di Maria Higuain Messi
No creativity with this midfield line, except Gago. Masherano-Gago-Di Maria would be great, with Aguero-Messi-Lavezzi as strikers. Pace and technique with that trio. But Higuain and Palacio are really good option.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,073
    Were you watching it at ESPN Deportes or ESPN 1/2? Did you notice Deportes is streaming ESPN Brasil? I watched a couple of matches in Portuguese until i couldn't stand the amount of rubbish the commentator would say. :D
    ESPN. (Does that make it 1?) This is the first World Cup I've ever watched in English. Normally the announcers are horrible and I watch it on Univision in Spanish and have much more fun. But they're better this time around.

Football without controversies will be boring. The game was just perfect the way it was. Sometimes mistakes will go against you and sometimes it will favor you. that's part of the game and the emotions it brings as fans. The spray thing is ridiculous and stupid. Whenever the players move forward after the ref is not looking it makes me smile specially when my team dose it and when the other team dose it the opposite :). But now the more technology they add the more they will kill the game and suck the life out of it.
    But then if we had technology we could rule out the Hand of God and football would be better for it. :andyandbarcelona: And maybe England would have won a second WC. Now how awesome would have that been?

Brazil 2014: Three days in, and already set to be the best World Cup EVER
    By
    Eurosport
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...14-shaping-best-world-cup-ever-104131658.html
    The same pub that was bitching about the pitch conditions in Manaus, predicting hellish strikes, and suggesting every stadium would potentially collapse on everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)