[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (18 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I guess that referee who gave that silly red to Klose didn't know about this :D
You are right, bad refereeing is rining world cup. It already has. And I'm all for changing the rules, using ANYthing to minimize the errors. But your way of seeing things is sad.

How could the referee of Italy-France game influence the penalty kicks? What did he have to do with Grosso scoring his penalty kick? How was he responsible for Trez' shot hitting the post?
It's not that there's some sort of grand scheme. But it's one of the things that may influence refs. There are thousands of such factors. All refs like some teams more than others. TBH it looks more likely that the linesman hated England than that he didn't see it.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
my 2 cents-
Argentina,Diego really should have known that there is no point having all that attacking talent in there if there is no-one to service them,they were crying out for Veron's influence there. plus Higuin was a selfish little child out there,plus why was Gabby Milito not included? damn sure a half-fit Milito is better than a confident,fit Demichelas.
germany-nobody took them seriously here but they are probably the best counter-attacking team in recent memory. it will be interesting to see how they would react to going behind early ina game though.
Holland-poor defensively,they will get caught out eventually but it might actually be in the final. they were extremely poor against Brazil until the keepers mistake,Ze Germans would rip them to shreds.
Spain-DROP TORRES,he is clearly nowhere near fitness but they need to add some pace to their game,its too slow,too methodical....but...they are patient and in Villa they have the man taht can take the one chance.
Uruguay-have been solid defensively,hard working in midfield and potent upfront...write them off at your peril,they ahve a fantastic combination but it will be inetresting to see how they cope with the suspended players in the semi

and lastly- my boss likes a wee bet every now and again,he asked me who i thought would win the golden boot,looking at the odds i said" Miroslac Klose,the man always scores at the world cup"

he put his money on Gilardino:lol:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Where were you hiding 3ammo?

hide? i know its hard to believe but i do have a life outside of juventuz ;) as soon as i had access to internet i came on last night. I am still proud of maradona and what he did and how he shut so many people up. And props to germany for playing an efficient game in spite of the constant diving, actually it's ironic schweiney was complaining about that and he was its biggest culprit.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So? I admire his coaching style, I am not in any way supporting Germany in the World Cup, I said it before and I am saying it again, I don't support any national team other than Lebanon.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
"Man muss van Gaal einen kleinen Hausaltar bauen, weil er Klose, Müller und Schweinsteiger mit einem Selbstbewußtsein Marke Jesus Christus nach Südafrika geschickt hat, während Demichelis durch die Gegend eiert wie eine Ballerina mit Harndrang."
:lol2:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
whats his coaching style exactly?
The efficiency the German team is playing is up to him, the way the players have roles, their positioning, their work rate, their passing, their speed to move the ball upfront, the extreme awareness of what to do when having and not having the ball is all down to the Joachim. If you don't see that it's not my problem.

kongen73

Jun 5, 2009
You have to build a small van Gaal altar, because he Klose, Schweinsteiger and Müller sent with a self brand Jesus Christ to South Africa, while Demichelis wobbles through the air like a ballerina with urination (need to take a pis)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)