[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Argentina will only win the World Cup because of the players and the inspiration of Maradona as a leader, but not a coach.

But you have to say that having Maradona as the manager really takes a lot of focus off his team, putting it onto himself. Very much like Mourinho.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Klinsmann was right though about the state of the game in the US, and how it is directed towards a different class.

I was wondering how he was going to word it without Al Sharpton jumping down his throat, but he managed to do it
My older cousin yesterday:

"Since the 60's pretty much every mother in the US has driven their kid since they were 4 years old to soccer practice so why can't they field a team that can dominate the sport? It's because when they reach high school they switch to football and anyone who still plays soccer is a dork"

Well said cuz.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Argentina will only win the World Cup because of the players and the inspiration of Maradona as a leader, but not a coach.

But you have to say that having Maradona as the manager really takes a lot of focus off his team, putting it onto himself. Very much like Mourinho.
Way to paraphrase Mcnanananananmananaman :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
England got what they deserved. No more, no less. Capello got them where they expected to be, but typically crumbled against decent competition in an elimination tournament.

And disallowed goal or not, England got their asses handed to them by a far superior Germany today.

Oh and David James is crap.
Yep. The guy was Mr. Statue on most of the goals. One he completely shifted the wrong way. Other than his first half kick save, he did little to stop the bleeding.

When Alexei Lalas was mentioning the US team and whether or not Bradley was coming back, I ran up to my widescreen and pressed my face up against Klinsmann. My wife asked me what the hell I was doing
:lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Klinsmann was right though about the state of the game in the US, and how it is directed towards a different class.

I was wondering how he was going to word it without Al Sharpton jumping down his throat, but he managed to do it
Too true.

But the only class in football is what one can do with the ball. Not anything else. We need to get the inner city kids playing the sport instead of wasting time on the basketball courts. Then we will become great.

OP
Tommy
Dec 31, 2008
  • Thread Starter #11,228
    Congrats all Enland haters :D
    I was neutral for the match. :sergio: decision for Lampards goal. But Germany is the shit man!!!!! Awesome speed and passing. They can defeat anyone in this WC.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

"Since the 60's pretty much every mother in the US has driven their kid since they were 4 years old to soccer practice so why can't they field a team that can dominate the sport? It's because when they reach high school they switch to football and anyone who still plays soccer is a dork"

Well said cuz.

That's not it.

Here is the deal.

Parents who send their kids to play soccer, are doing so hoping that they get a scholarship, instead of hoping that they become professional.

As twisted and fucked up as that sounds, it DOES fly in the face of the conventional american parent who takes their kids to sports in hopes that they turn pro.

Its twisted logic, I know, but he makes a great point.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Well said cuz.
    That's not so much the case anymore.

Apr 15, 2006
    Congrats all Enland haters :D
    I was neutral for the match. :sergio: decision for Lampards goal. But Germany is the shit man!!!!! Awesome speed and passing. They can defeat anyone in this WC.
    That's what they said about Germany 4 years ago. Then came along Italy! :eyebrows:

But seriously, Germany vs. Argentina will be a great match. Very difficult to say who'll win.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006

well maradona does speak to him & said he would call him if he ever needed help :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)