[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (21 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
On the 'England' team

“People keep talking about world-class players but they’re not. They have to take a long, hard look at themselves. They get away with murder. You say they’ve been good in the Premier League. But tell me the players who had a good season. There’s probably only Wayne Rooney, who had a brilliant season. And even though he still hasn’t done it on the world stage, he has the best chance. Look at the goalkeepers. David James was relegated with Portsmouth and Robert Green just about stayed up at West Ham. Glen Johnson did OK at Liverpool but John Terry had his issues. I don’t think he had a great year. Matthew Upson was not great at West Ham and Ashley Cole, to be fair, has just come back from injury. James Milner had a good season, yet Gareth Barry was very average for Manchester City. To keep criticising and questioning the manager is crazy. He didn’t do anything wrong in the qualifying campaign. They should just leave him to get on with the job. He is absolutely brilliant and England are lucky to have him.” - Roy Keane.
Frank Lampard also had a very good season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Italy has had that reputation since before I was born :shifty:
They'll have it long after you die as well, it's just a stigma, there are far worse culprits in this World Cup alone. Portugal, incidentally, are not one of them. Ronaldo tried it a couple of times in the first game and then barely got a legitimate freekick for the rest of the tournament.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Everybody knows how highly i rate Messi, but if Maradona loses a few pounds and starts playing again, i bet he'd still be better than Messi even at 49 :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi is not even as good as Ronaldo :seven:

He's outperformed him in La Liga, the CL and now even the WC. I think there is a lot between them, Messi is easily the better player out of the two, he will win the best player award yet again, and he'll keep on doing that for as long as he's fit. Because really he's that good, whenever he's fit, no player even comes close to his ability, not even Ronaldo.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He's outperformed him in La Liga, the CL and now even the WC. I think there is a lot between them, Messi is easily the better player out of the two, he will win the best player award yet again, and he'll keep on doing that for as long as he's fit. Because really he's that good, whenever he's fit, no player even comes close to his ability, not even Ronaldo.
There is not alot between them. If there is thats like saying Zidane is lightyears ahead of Messi. Ronaldo is as good as Messi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There is not alot between them. If there is thats like saying Zidane is lightyears ahead of Messi. Ronaldo is as good as Messi.
Light years may be a little excessive, but i do believe Zidane is a lot better than Messi.

Ronaldo is not as good as Messi, i don't agree with that at all. But i guess we've been through this a million times, so theres no use :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)