[WC] Italy vs France [09.07.2006] (10 Viewers)

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
yeah thats what the my doc told me, but on a serious note, what zidane did was unforgivable, the worst I can think of isd matrix swearing to his mother but even so zidane is supposed to be the most calmest person, lets face it he was frustated, he wanted an easy ride but he couldnt get it.
I'd bet a fortune Materazzi called Zidane out for diving in the first few minutes when Matrix held up and avoided contact with him. It makes sense. Zidane was diving all day and I think Matrix let him know about it and probably accused him of being "less of a man". That's what probably brought on Zidane's tantrum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
youre right, zidane was completely wrong in what i did, i agree. however, i am sure that prick (who we all know from experience is an asbolute prick and disgrace to the sport anyways) did somethign to evoke that response.
Well, I think players are insulting each other all the time, so no justification for that weird behaviour...

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAA

o my god im soooo proud... when the 5th penalty was in my phone got something like 10 sms... all containing: im so happy for you.. italia the best and that kind of stuff :D:D:D:D great penalty's.. zizou... shame on you.. the rest of the italian fans... scream youre loungs out.. you deserve to be happy :D:D

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Well, I think players are insulting each other all the time, so no justification for that weird behaviour...
That's so true!!! Henry said "vaffanculo" to Buffon at one stage and Gigi didn't care at all...
I don't know what exactly did Matrix say but Zidane is the only one to blame in that case. Especially if you consider his experience! One word: STUPID

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
ReBeL said:

They were, however, this was quite clearly no typical incident.

Also, I have another thoery. Maybe Zidane wanted to use his last 5 minutes of his career to get some revenger on the biggest douche bag in professional football?

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
Gamesmanship. I bet Gattusso has said things on the pitch that would make a sailor blush ;)

Does anyone else feel sympathy for poor Trezeguet? I do. It's a shame that a Juve player had to be the goat in that instance. It's one thing if Buffon made a spectacular save, but to hit the crossbar and be the only player to miss must really sting.

Maybe Moggi will toss him a bone? =)

j/k of course

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cronios said:
but he did it again in the past (wearing the Juve jersey)
And he did it again at 34, when he should have matured as a player and this match is his farewell game. Be it a win or a lost, it is a good way of bidding farewell. After all his services for France will never be forgotten and how he come out of international retirement to play for France and helped them to this stage. As an inspirational captain he gave hope to France and he is a legendary figure of football with his leadership, skills and technique.

And the headbutt he did is just so stupid. There are players who provoke and he choose to blow his top in front of Matrix, he simply disgraced himself and should be slapped with a heavy fine. Just because of what Materazzi said to provoke him......

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
who gives a shit about Trezeguet? He missed a penalty against Milan in Manchester too, this shall be his punishment from skies :agree:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Badass Devil said:
being provoked, is sumthing any professional player shud deal with in a professional manner, shud let all the talking be done on the pitch.
Everybody knows that Matrix tend to insult people if you watch Inter games closely. He even insulted Baros

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
jorossian said:
One question...

does Totti deserve an award for being the most invisible player in world cup history? ;)

quite frankly no, i think totti took far too much credit than he deserves. Ale did his part the best way he cud, and he can be pleased with what he has achieved, but i certainly wont miss totti in a italia shirt.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Elvin said:
who gives a shit about Trezeguet? He missed a penalty against Milan in Manchester too, this shall be his punishment from skies :agree:
punishment is too harsh a word for Trezeguet? I do feel sorry for him for missing the penalty, but then it is a sad day for France not because of the penalty miss, but because of Zidane's foolishness. He didn't even appear at the price presentation ceremony

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
jorossian said:
Does anyone else feel sympathy for poor Trezeguet? I do.
hmm yeah i do, but i suppose to a certain extent its revenge for euro 2000 when he scored past us in extra time. Nevertheless I still respect the guy and if its possible would still like him to stay at Juve.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ZhiXin said:
punishment is too harsh a word for Trezeguet? I do feel sorry for him for missing the penalty, but then it is a sad day for France not because of the penalty miss, but because of Zidane's foolishness. He didn't even appear at the price presentation ceremony

o well trez has won enuff for 1 season

henry wot a year he's had

1 cl finals
1 wc finals

= 2 losers medals :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)