[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (10 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
TBH, thats not a very attacking line-up. I think this 4-4-1-1 could see Italy returning home...Germany are hosting this game, I expect them to attack most of the time and each one of their players putting atleast 110%..So If Lippi's boys were to defend then I'd say Adios Amigo.

Lippi better eat them before they kill the game.

That said playing with 2strikers upfront(Toni-Inzaghi) or (Toni-Del Piero) and behind them Totti.

Buffon
Zambrotta-Matrix-Canna-Grosso
Camo-Gattuso-Pirlo
Totti
Toni-Del Piero

Attack...Attack...Attack.
Italy have been impressive with their wait and snatch technique. Just like Lippi's old times at Juve. He kills the opponent's game and surprises them with fast waves of attach, there is no need to change that.

Another thing, I am not so sure that Del Piero will start or even get so much playing time in the cup anymore. You might see him for a few minutes if Italy are leading. I expected him to come in after the 2 - 0 last night but Lippi opted for defence strengthening.

Still, I think Dominic's formation is the most prbable, placing Zambrotta in the middle is exactly what is needed to feed more crosses and deep passes for Toni.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Geof said:
Germany will have 70% ball possession and Italy will win 1-0. Italian realism
They can win with a bigger margin, but you might have an accurate prediction for the possession percentage. Ukraine had 60% possession last night and lost 3-0; not comparing Germany to Ukraine, but it can be a 65+% possession for Germany and see them lose 2-0 or something.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Badass Devil said:
lippi will want germany to attack, so that the defence can suck him in and hit on the counter, thats been italy's style and its worked with deadly effect.
Lippi will want germany to attack??? What coach with mind would do something like that??? It's very risky letting the germans to attack...they're playing infront of their crowds and they're in a very good shape and moral, specially after beating the Argentinians.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Lippi will want germany to attack??? What coach with mind would do something like that??? It's very risky letting the germans to attack...they're playing infront of their crowds and they're in a very good shape and moral, specially after beating the Argentinians.
This is what Lippi has been doing actually, wanting the opponent to hold the ball, not necessarily attack becasúse he's shutting all the spaces for them to attack. It is risky but it is working with him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Italy have been impressive with their wait and snatch technique. Just like Lippi's old times at Juve. He kills the opponent's game and surprises them with fast waves of attach, there is no need to change that.

Another thing, I am not so sure that Del Piero will start or even get so much playing time in the cup anymore. You might see him for a few minutes if Italy are leading. I expected him to come in after the 2 - 0 last night but Lippi opted for defence strengthening.

Still, I think Dominic's formation is the most prbable, placing Zambrotta in the middle is exactly what is needed to feed more crosses and deep passes for Toni.

Playing with one striker doesn't matter how many midfielders you field isn't a good thing, specially when you know that the German's weakness is Indeed in their defence. So why not play an attacking formation and put them under pressure.

It's ok If Del Piero was to start again on the bench, but atleast put Inzaghi next to Toni.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
This is what Lippi has been doing actually, wanting the opponent to hold the ball, not necessarily attack becasúse he's shutting all the spaces for them to attack. It is risky but it is working with him.
I've noticed that too against Australia and the States....But Germany is no where to be compared to these countries, It would be a disaster for Klinsman not to make it to the finals, considering that he eliminated one of the favs(Argentine).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Playing with one striker doesn't matter how many midfielders you field isn't a good thing, specially when you know that the German's weakness is Indeed in their defence. So why not play an attacking formation and put them under pressure.
Because this is not how this team plays. It is a tactic that they have been accustomed to. Italy are playing with one striker but you have Totti, Camoranesi, Perrotta and the wing backs going forward and yesterday, Zambrotta scored and made an assist.

Azzurri7 said:
It's ok If Del Piero was to start again on the bench, but atleast put Inzaghi next to Toni.
I do truly believe that Inzaghi will make a great partnership with Toni but it seems that Lippi is not convinced in using it at all. He thinks that Pippo is a sub for Luca and that's it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Italy want to win this game, they have to take it to the Germans. The 4-1 result didnt flatter to decieve. It could happen again, but only if Lippi figures that Germany's weakest link is their defense. If they're given the chance to attack, they will break through the defense. Even with Cannavaro in it. On the other hand, if Italy deploy the trident with Toni-Pippo and Totti just behind or Toni upfront supported by Dp and Totti, then we're set for a retro classic.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
I've noticed that too against Australia and the States....But Germany is no where to be compared to these countries, It would be a disaster for Klinsman not to make it to the finals, considering that he eliminated one of the favs(Argentine).
Argentina took the lead on Germany by using the same tactics Lippi is using. They sucked up their attacking force and surprised them with fast waves of attack. It was the stupid move by removing Riquelme and Crespo that costed Pinkyman the match.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Azzurri7 said:

and we're not in good shape? with great fans supporting us? and moral high with our performances and a sense of unity within the squad, ive enver seen this squad so unified, never.

lippi will let germany attack and have posession, as with italy's strong defence it will frustrate them and ultimately self destruct. dont forget, italy have been very professional,oussing with experience. germany, is still a very young innexperienced side.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Here we go Germany Italy forget about the 4-1 result earlier in year counts for nothing every world cup game is different to the last, everymatch is unique.This truly will b a clash to savour for italians i hope so.
Well Italy definatly need to watch the crosses coming in materazzi or nesta needs to b rushed back in nothing againes the young Barzagli but wen the balls come in v ukriane they did look dangerous pkus canna is no 6 foot giant. I have respected the way Germany have gone about there game throughout the wc so far, to b totally honest not once have they looked like loosing even 1-0 to argentina 10 mins to go i always thought if Germany score its all over! That was the case and Germany who have won 13 out of 14 penalty shootouts have a mind and calmness of steel! Plus Lehman truly was like a cat on the goal line he was so intimidating i could see from the tv screen it looked like when he was on the line the goals have shrunk he always looked like saving a few penalities and was close to the other ones that went in too! But the argetnina keeper looked to shrink on the goal line and the goals widened always looked like scoring! You look at the side at you say there average players but klisnman has truly made this side beelieve in there abilty they have certainly become aa very well drilled outfit, who are by no means scared of taking risks and i respect that to the fullest amount!!

That being said Pirlo looked tired as match went on i dont know what his condition is but he doesnt look 100%. Thats why Gattuso was brillant he was carrying the midfield on his own most of match anyway! i truly beleive Pirlo will struggle v the germans this would b a nice time to put in De Rossi. But this wont happen. Totti looked sharper around ground but to b hones the italians had space everywhere i the last third and if they think they will get that v germany no chance! Toni is def the KEY to italy scoring goals in order to win! ALWAYS looks dangerous i mean always looks like a scoring chance! His not like other strikers who go missing he is always doing something in my mind furore classe (proberly spelt it wrong but you know what i mean i hope)!

I dont know what formation italy will go with in this encounter i dont really like the 4-4-1-1 i think it suits the weaker teams alot more and it would ahve been better for the aussie clash earler also.
But with Germany i think a need of 2 strikers is needed! We know that the german defence is there biggest weakness so we want to strech it as much as possible but i doubt Lippi will risk much in this encounter but rather go the safe option! Either way Lippi must not underate the influence Klinslmen has had on his men!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Jeeks said:
Very probable, Lippi will go into the game with extreme caution.
To be honest, it's what I hope. Zambrotta can be legendary if given the proper freedom. He's still magical if more defensive, but him and Camo on the flanks wil l give some much needed width. I expect Zambrotta to start as rb again though with Perrotta in midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)