• Argentina

• Côte d'Ivoire

• Serbia and Montenegro

• Netherlands

Results are only viewable after voting.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good game by Holland with Robben being the star man, lots of good performances like Sneilder and Van Persie, Cocu let things run smoothly too. The defence did well even if they looked shaky at times , i am never convinved by Van Bronchurst while Rvn was pretty average, not linking play at all. S&M were disappointing, they can play football , and like Croatia , they just choose not to. Kezman, what a joke of a display and how is it that you bring on a player thats 6Ft 8 " and no crosses at all to him? They deserved and thankfully got nothing

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
S&M have always been capable imo.and if kezman is given the proper service,he will be dangerous.maybe the whole independence bit is playing on the minds of the players.btw,which national anthem did they play?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Van Persie upset with Robben

Robin van Persie has accused Holland team-mate Arjen Robben of being greedy and feels Marco van Basten's side is currently imbalanced.

The Dutch started their World Cup challenge with a 1-0 win over Serbia & Montenegro on Sunday, with van Persie supplying Robben with the chance to score the only goal.

But van Persie was left frustrated by Robben's overall performance and has urged the Chelsea winger to show a greater awareness of his team-mates.

"He needs to take his team-mates into account," said the Arsenal attacker of Robben. "Sometimes he makes choices that are good for him, but not the team.

"We need to realise we are in this together. We had several chances against Serbia, but against the really big countries, you maybe get one chance.

"In that situation, you have to make the right choice. He can't do it on his own."

Van Persie also believes the make-up of van Basten's side contributed to his own slightly below-par effort against the Serbo-Montenegrins.

"I didn't have a great game," he continued. "There is a problem with the balance of the team."

Meanwhile, Serbia & Montenegro striker Mateja Kezman has criticised Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho for the way he has handled Robben.

Kezman spent a season at Stamford Bridge, with the exciting winger before moving to Atletico Madrid last summer.

He was used sparingly by Mourinho and now feels the Blues boss is dishing out the same treatment to Robben.

"Robben made the difference in our game," said Kezman. "He's one of the best players in that position.

"At Chelsea, he has spent too much time on the bench and the number of games he played is not enough.

"He deserves more respect. I don't think Jose Mourinho gets the best out of him."

skysports.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Bullshit, I've seen the interview on live TV, that's not what he said.
The media must think it's nice to piss Van Persie off. You have to admit his reactions are always hilarious. He was the first one to celebrate with Robben after the goal though. I don't think there's a real problem. Van Persie was alright, Robben was brilliant. They're trying to make it seem as Van Persie is jealous, which he, as far as I can tell, isn't.

BooQy

Jun 3, 2006
holland won because we played bad, not because they played good. that goal was just stupid to recieve, the defensive line was too high for such a fast player like robben

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Robben was selfish and holding the ball way too much, if he played more with his teammates then holland would've got more goals

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Argentina absolutely smashed Serbia, they sure have some amazing individual talents and their team play seems to be working too. Although you could get a bit wrong idea from the scoreline since the Serbs, as usual, stopped playing after the third goal and gave up. They also received their normal red card.

Still, Argentina was very impressive and if they keep calm they are going far in this tournament.

BooQy

Jun 3, 2006
yes, we played much better than against the holland, but argentina was just brilliant. they played great, we stopped after the third goal.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
i'm disgusted by the Dutch players and the referee...that hybrid of butcher and diver called Van Bomel should have got red card for two blatant tackles at Boca and Zokora during 2 minutes!!!the first wasn't even called a foul...that yellow card awarded to Boka at the second half was also a joke..Van Persie did a hell of a volleyball dig at some time but guess what..no yellow for him...to hell with these refs...officiating is a joke for another world cup...but since the traditional teams get favored noone seems bothered like 4 years ago....

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
axlrose85 said:
id say that we've just seen the greatest team goal of all time.

the one by argentina owns the one brazil scored in 1970.brilliant stuff.
I think Spain's 4th goal to Ukraine was even greater in this category ;)

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
Great day for football. Argentina played a great match (what a team with world-class subs), and a good game for the Dutch. Too bad for Ivory Coast, they aren't a bad team, and if they were in another group (Group D | G) they would have 6 points by now or something.

(Perhaps Fifa should just ignore the runner up In France's or Portugal's group and just let Ivory Coast into the next round).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Elvin said:
Damn, Messi is fucking sick :D
Messi? I thought Tevez was pretty entertaining, swatting off defenders like gnats on his goal.

Argentina looked like the strongest team after the first round. This last match against Serbia & Montenegro (two teams instead of just one now ;) ) didn't exactly diminish that opinion. Some real entertaining football -- which is what I expected. They won't be able to keep it up ... but the next match against Holland will be a nice litmus test.

Poor Ivory Coast. The best African team out there and one of the better sides thus far in the tournament, but it doesn't help when you're always second best and a goal short in the group of death.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Argentina just proved they r the best team and just a class above the rest in that game. Every single player played a big part in that game. Thrashing the best defensive side in europe 6-0 is a big statement by them.

And that goal......OH MY GOD, wat a nice goal, probably one of the best goals in WC history... did anyone count how many touches they had ?

The dutch dissappointed me again, and their defence is weak again. They will need to step up their game against the argentians, if they want that 1st spot or mybe risking playing with portugal in the 2nd round

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mcrae said:
i'm disgusted by the Dutch players and the referee...that hybrid of butcher and diver called Van Bomel should have got red card for two blatant tackles at Boca and Zokora during 2 minutes!!!the first wasn't even called a foul...that yellow card awarded to Boka at the second half was also a joke..Van Persie did a hell of a volleyball dig at some time but guess what..no yellow for him...to hell with these refs...officiating is a joke for another world cup...but since the traditional teams get favored noone seems bothered like 4 years ago....
:agree: :agree: :agree:

we see the level of refereeing is most games is just way to weak, FIFA r claiming they want to hold down the law against rough plays.
But we see those refs r just distrubting the flow of the games when they give those weak fouls.

As the SBS analyst "Rali Rasic" said " this has become a pusscat game, not a mans game"

FIFA should be focusing on methods to make their offside decsions more efficient as the linesmen r a disgrace too, but wat does Sepp Blatter focus on ? players kicking the ball or taking of their shirts or wat happens in the penalty area in a corner or a free kick.

BooQy

Jun 3, 2006
And that goal......OH MY GOD, wat a nice goal, probably one of the best goals in WC history... did anyone count how many touches they had ?
24, i think. god, they've crushed us... look at brazil and look at argentina. arg is way better

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
sateeh said:
The dutch dissappointed me again, and their defence is weak again. They will need to step up their game against the argentians, if they want that 1st spot or mybe risking playing with portugal in the 2nd round
Blah blah blah.

We didn't even qualify four years ago. Our campaign is already successful!

We only disappoint to those who are completely void of a sense of realism ;)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Erik said:
Blah blah blah.

We didn't even qualify four years ago. Our campaign is already successful!

We only disappoint to those who are completely void of a sense of realism ;)
fair enough, but i was talking abt that particular game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)