• Côte d'Ivoire

• Serbia and Montenegro

• Netherlands

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Dominic said:
What are you talking about? How did he prove that exactly? Van Bommel is an excellent midfielder, very usefull in a 3-man midfield, due to his ability to play both offensively and defensively well.
He did a lot of dirty work in the Australia game, that doesn't exactly get shown on 3 or 4 replays. People tend to draw the conclusion a player was crap if they don't see him enough on TV... Common problem...

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Dominic said:
What are you talking about? How did he prove that exactly? Van Bommel is an excellent midfielder, very usefull in a 3-man midfield, due to his ability to play both offensively and defensively well.
i thought he was one of the worst players in the australia game, failing to link up the defence,midfield, and with the three attackers is partially his fault. He only went forward in like one or two plays. He should be more active in the build up play, sneijder did his best before he left but marc disappointed imo.

he did alot of dirty work i will give him that, but he should do more

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Serbia and Montenegro apparently conceded just 1 goal in qualifying, now thats crazy. This is another tough group arguably the most difficult to predict. Argentina have made it a much level playing field witht heir wc selection and i would not be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round. For sure Cote D' Voire will not be whipping boys and look for them to maybe top the group with others taking points off eachother

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
denco said:
Serbia and Montenegro apparently conceded just 1 goal in qualifying, now thats crazy. This is another tough group arguably the most difficult to predict. Argentina have made it a much level playing field witht heir wc selection and i would not be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round. For sure Cote D' Voire will not be whipping boys and look for them to maybe top the group with others taking points off eachother
The very same thing said Drogba in his recent interview.:) Every team can do it,but he thinks that Holand will end at the bottom.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
unless holland pick themselves and start imposing themselves on the games they play and they will suffer. I didnt see the argentians play in a long time, but they have some players there that could make a difference and a team that has much understanding together. Yet again they have an idiot of a coach imo and some unfit playerrs.
The Ivorians biggest problem is their inexperience at this stage but Henri Michel could compensate for that .
Serbia had a great qualifying campain, whether they can do it on the big stage or not, that i dont know, but they have a solid group

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Erik said:
He did a lot of dirty work in the Australia game, that doesn't exactly get shown on 3 or 4 replays. People tend to draw the conclusion a player was crap if they don't see him enough on TV... Common problem...
hey erik, nice to see your here with full confidence for your team. btw will you be at Leipzig next Sunday? Serbia and Montenegro is waiting for the Dutch. I will be there in the stadium. :)

Do you remember the post when we arranged a meeting in Berlin on 9th of July? Don't hesitate to get into the stadium I will be there too. Come along an I will pay for a beer or two. (at least I promised this, but I couldn't find the post)

Hurry up man, 2 days left for the biggest event in Germany since the unconditional surrender ;)

To all who didn't get tickets for the WC 2006 - I will be at all games to be held in Leipzig and Berlin!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

.... but I have to work there :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
kurvengeflüster said:
hey erik, nice to see your here with full confidence for your team. btw will you be at Leipzig next Sunday? Serbia and Montenegro is waiting for the Dutch. I will be there in the stadium. :)

Do you remember the post when we arranged a meeting in Berlin on 9th of July? Don't hesitate to get into the stadium I will be there too. Come along an I will pay for a beer or two. (at least I promised this, but I couldn't find the post)

Hurry up man, 2 days left for the biggest event in Germany since the unconditional surrender ;)

To all who didn't get tickets for the WC 2006 - I will be at all games to be held in Leipzig and Berlin!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

.... but I have to work there :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Eh Basti! How are you doing buddy?

You'll be at the stadium Sunday? Please pray for us, I think we'll lose :D

Unfortunately I have no cash to make it to Berlin :sad: Thanks for the offer though, that's greatly appreciated!!

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Erik said:
Eh Basti! How are you doing buddy?

You'll be at the stadium Sunday? Please pray for us, I think we'll lose :D

Unfortunately I have no cash to make it to Berlin :sad: Thanks for the offer though, that's greatly appreciated!!

I am pretty fine :) hope you too! I will pray for your guys during selling them overpriced coca cola :p

If you don't have the cash now...lets postpone our meeting to another wc ...maybe WC 2010 in South Africa... :)

Cheers!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
kurvengeflüster said:
I am pretty fine :) hope you too! I will pray for your guys during selling them overpriced coca cola :p

If you don't have the cash now...lets postpone our meeting to another wc ...maybe WC 2010 in South Africa... :)

Cheers!

Ill be in berlin for brazil - croatia, you wanna get me seats on the field?? :p

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #59
    Very good game for this group opener. The first half was the best football display in this tournament so far. Ivory Coast are a good squad that will have their say in this competition; Argentina were just too good for them. This group seems promising.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    So as expected Argentina are likely to run away with the first place, that leaves three teams (Holland, Serbia and the Ivory Coast) to battle for the remaining spot. I don't think Holland is the best of those three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)