Watch Ronaldo go! (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Age has nothing to do with it, it's all in the way he moves, it's too irrational looking to be graceful. Graceful dribblers also move slower usually.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
As you said, he's extremely technically gifted and his pace is nothing to scoff at either... so I don't really think his gracefulness matters that much. Maybe it's better in that it makes his movements less predictable, with his short quick steps.

btw Nicole, let's see those videos then mate ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
As you said, he's extremely technically gifted and his pace is nothing to scoff at either... so I don't really think his gracefulness matters that much. Maybe it's better in that it makes his movements less predictable, with his short quick steps.
It's not like it's important to be graceful, just goes to influence my opinion of him in general. Doesn't take away any of his skill obviously. :)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Extraordinary technical ability and lightning quick but he's not very graceful is he.. :undecide:
What exactly do you mean by graceful? As in, not smooth?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

What exactly do you mean by graceful? As in, not smooth?
I think that's what he meant.

Kind of like Henry, who glides, while Ronaldo shuffles and takes really quick, short steps

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Well Graceful or not, Ronaldo still looks good with the ball. His lightning speed makes him look good.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
To me graceful has to do with the movements looking natural and smooth. Some players move in ways that look very mechanic and unnatural, Ronaldo falls into that category sometimes. I think the "real" Ronaldo is (or at least was at his peak) more graceful considering he also moved really really fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)