Wales vs Italy (6 Viewers)

Aug 28, 2002
i think if Italy lost, probably deserve it..but then, Italy's status is like nothing now compare to Euro2000. The proud defence has long gone and the attacking power only rely on one man, Del Piero and that;'s not enough...=(

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
For God's sake Trap go! For the sake of Italian football leave.:fero:

This isn't a big surprise really, we're a poor team.:down: I'm more sad than angry. We Italians deserve better.

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
Here we go again, like vs. Korea, even tonite, as soon as Gattuso come on the match, Italy drove round the bend :(

I have nothing against Gattuso, but when I see him replacing an offensive player like DP or Di Biagio, I realize I don't get a clue about football:wallbang:

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Have you seen the group standings? We're in deep sh1t. We can't allow the NT to slip like this.

Trap must go, he must see that he is harming the NT.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well a lot of you wanted Italy to lose so you got your wish I suppose

Few points about the game, whosoever is in charge of Italy next should think of these

Pirlo is too slow and there is no alternative to Totti in the playmaker role at this point in time

Italy really have very poor sometimes overrated players , so I do not know how the problem can be solved

Nesta was hopeless today and apart from Cannavaro the defence was useless, Buffon was poor , his play with crosses was embarassing at times

Zauri is not up to scratch well on this performance and the one on Saturday, certainly not on the left

Panucci is probably past his best

the midfield is of gr8 embarrassment, Tomassi , Dibiagio are not up to whats required, Ambrossini was extremely poor today

At least Gatusso provided comic relief with his usual skilless performance but he was really funny when he was substituted 18 mins after coming on as a sub , as he could not believe it was his number that was shown , had to look at his shirt number 2 times to confirm

Dp was okay but he needs to do better as a leader, but he with Cannavaro were probably Italy's best performers even if that is not saying much

Montella as usual does nothing but always feels he should be in the side

Trapatoni summed up his reign by bringing on Gatusso for Dibiagio, then taking off Gatusso for Marazzina, simply put he has no idea what he is doing

If the Figc do not fire him, they should all resign

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Even considering our injury list we should not of lost this game. Failure to qualify for Euro 2004 is now a real possibilty and even if we do with Trap still in charge (which regardless of the result is a probability with the gutless FIGC) there is no chance of winning the trophy. Italian football is dead.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Rijkaard resigned after Euro2000, losing a semifinal as close and unlucky as you can get to Italy, yet with his team they could have won the whole thing. If nothing else, that shows the man did an excellent job at shaping the team and I was sad to see him leave. That's professional pride for you...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
So Wales is like a club team ???? Basically an average team ????

BET THE HOUSE FOR A WALES WIN, 2-1 !!!!

OUR AZZURRI IS DEAD, AND ONCE TRAP IS GONE, WE WILL BE REBORN (I HOPE !!!!)
I dont know whether I should go into business as a financial advisor, or a fortune teller !!!!

Anyways, if anyone took my advice, they're probably rich right now !!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)