Wales vs Italy (8 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Rai uno's marks

Buffon 6 ( generous to me as i felt he deserved 5.5)
Panucci ( 5.5)
Cannavaro 7 (7)
Nesta 5.5 (what a loss of form from this guy probably more comfy with 3 man defence. 5)
Zauri 5 ( 5)

Tommassi 6.5 ( again hard worker but no ability )6

Di biagio 6 ( deserves to be in the scrap heap 5.5)

Gatusso sv ( no more comments from me)

Maccarone sv ( could not get into the game )

Pirlo 6 (did some good stuff but elaborates too much, very slow in making up his mind 5.5)

Ambrosini 6 ( very generous mark to me 5)

Del Piero 6.5 (6)

Montella 5 (5)

Marazzina sv

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, it is funny how Vieri always disappears when the NT plays, only to resurface for Inter. Vieri is Italy's best pure goal scorer and we need him. Also, What has happened to Nesta? He has been crap all year.

GOODBYE MR. TRAP, PLEASE LEAVE SOON!
HELLO GIANLUCA VIALLI.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Trap refutes resignation request Wednesday 16 October, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The noose is tightening on Giovanni Trapattoni’s neck and he refused to comment on whether or not he would resign.

When asked if his position had changed following the 2-1 defeat to Wales, Trap walked off saying “I can’t talk about this right now. I can’t talk.”

Before that escape the Italy boss had stopped to discuss the game and continued to defend his decisions.

“I’d say we had an excellent performance,” assured the tactician. “Gigi Di Biagio was already booked and I had to replace him.”

“When we conceded that unfortunate second goal I tried our last desperate throw of the dice with Massimo Marazzina, but it wasn’t enough.”

Wales now top qualifying Group 9 with six points from two games, but Italy have played one more match and still share second spot with Yugoslavia.

Nonetheless, Trap remained upbeat on their qualifying chances for the Euro 2004 Finals in Portugal.

“We are second level on points with Yugoslavia now and must face Wales and Azerbaijan on home turf. It’s still all to play for, but the road ahead is certainly more difficult than it was before this match.”

As expected, Trapattoni looked to the injury crisis that hit the team ahead of these two games that ruled out stars such as Christian Vieri and Francesco Totti.

“These were the players at my disposal and we had a lot of injuries. I tried including Massimo Maccarone and even Vincenzo Montella wasn’t 100% fit.”

FIGC Vice-President Giancarlo Abete had backed Giovanni Trapattoni on Tuesday, but conceded that there would be crisis talks with their Coach.

“The Federation realises this is a very complex situation after this bitter defeat,” said Abete.

“We realise that the Azzurri team is no longer as competitive as it was against opponents that we really should be able to beat.”

“We will look into this complex matter and try to discover where the responsibilities lie.”

The Italian FA nonetheless tried not to hit the panic button.

“There is room for recovery, but there is no more chance for mistakes. We must recover our strength and try to get back into the qualifying spots over the next five games.”

“There are moments of reflection to see how we could progress over the next period. I do confirm what I said yesterday as we had taken such a result, unfortunately, into consideration.”

Football Italia

mate

Aug 28, 2002
The point is not Vieri... This NT is pathetic... I understand he don't want to risck his healt just to damage his image.
I think the FIGC is just a group of clown! If I was them after the match vs Yugoslavia I wuould make the U21 to play also today... they are way much better! 4 the votes... I will give 4 to everybody and -10 to Trapattoni!
I hope he will go away! If he has a minimum of respect 4 himself he will go away!!!

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Vialli? geeez he ain't ready for the NT job yet!
I know, but I wanted to give the name of a coach that is not tied down by a club contract at the moment. I do think it would be exciting, though I don't think Vialli is much for tactics.

Speaking of tactics, Trap sucks!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Ok for sure he will be better than Trap, my granny would be better than Trap, but we need a guy that is significantly better than Trap, and also Italian.

For me, only two options, are Lippi and Capello
or i could do it, if they are offering

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
Ok for sure he will be better than Trap, my granny would be better than Trap, but we need a guy that is significantly better than Trap, and also Italian.

For me, only two options, are Lippi and Capello
or i could do it, if they are offering
I didn't know u were italian Tom :confused:

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
err...I know about 3 words :D

ciao, arrivederci and uno

:LOL:

Amazing as "ciao and arrivederci" are the words Trap will use when leaving NT :D

but I know English, can DP speak english or buffon?
I'm not so positive, but I know someone who'd be pleased to translate :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)