Vincenzo Iaquinta (8 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
weedguru, keep posting. Thanks to you I can be informed without watching any matches :)
I'm not sure that I am the best Reporter for the non viewing juventini, mate...As I dispense with any notion of objectivity, and focus on delivering an often combustive combination of Facts and what my bedraggled senses tell me has happened on the field of play...but fuck it, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Buy on AliExpress.com

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Lunacy...There is a massive point to a forward possessing the capacity to pass the ball, especially at the levels where Juve aspire to remain and succeed. A forward who cannot pass the ball is a liability, not an asset. Because any player can be marked out of a game by world class defenders...and if ALL a team's attacking moves aim to end with the striker in consideration here and now, and if he is marked, and cannot shoot, what happens??? we lose the ball, dont score...Its an extra shame that his passing seems presently so poor, i say presently as i have not noticed it before, because with his physical strength and power, he would make an ideal partner to someone like Giovinco, and also Diego, players with pace who can run off him...
he can dribble very well, he doesn't have style as amuari but he still gets over his defender.

I just don't get something, Iaquinta is considered our 4th striker and he has been scoring most of the goals for Juventus for quite sometimes, since his return from january, and people are still complaining about him, this is crazy!

yes amauri can dribble and keep the ball bla bla bla, but in 5 games he hasn't been able to score, and I read someone said that he assist a goal to trezeguet vs lazzio that is not true, he shot the keeper saved so trezeguet was in the right place to get rebound!

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
His dribbling is pure power, drive and momentum. He has good pace for a big man. he is taking his chance in the team well, but to be fair, Del Piero isnt fit, and Trezeguet is still playing catch up from last year's wasted season...so that only leaves Iaquinta and Amauri.

I am not ANTI Iaquinta. I like him, as I like all players who play with true heart...but in comparison to other strikers, at top clubs, he ranks very lowly in my mind. But it matters not...Because, he is presently scoring goals. As I am sure he will do, until we come up against a group of truly class defenders, which in our league, only Inter can offer us, or Milan, if he gets the reborn Nesta marking him. That is domestically...In europe. I pray we have Del Piero, Trez and Amauri fitter and in decent form, as I would hate to rely upon Vincenzo, as our main goalscoring threat against some of the better teams in that competition.

Either way, forza vincenzo and forza Juve.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
His dribbling is pure power, drive and momentum. He has good pace for a big man. he is taking his chance in the team well, but to be fair, Del Piero isnt fit, and Trezeguet is still playing catch up from last year's wasted season...so that only leaves Iaquinta and Amauri.

I am not ANTI Iaquinta. I like him, as I like all players who play with true heart...but in comparison to other strikers, at top clubs, he ranks very lowly in my mind. But it matters not...Because, he is presently scoring goals. As I am sure he will do, until we come up against a group of truly class defenders, which in our league, only Inter can offer us, or Milan, if he gets the reborn Nesta marking him. That is domestically...In europe. I pray we have Del Piero, Trez and Amauri fitter and in decent form, as I would hate to rely upon Vincenzo, as our main goalscoring threat against some of the better teams in that competition.

just for curiosity, does any other team has a better 4th choice striker?

Dec 26, 2004

I'd rather have Iaquinta against those two than someone like Trezeguet... taking the later out of the game is a walk in the park for the likes of Nesta and Samuel.

Jun 13, 2007
Trezeguet has absolutely nothing on Iaquinta, if anything Iaquinta possesses abilities Trez always lacked. I'm surprised he is so underrated, his finishing is superb, he is powerful, fast, and fights for every ball. He's for me, an ideal striker. You could not ask more from him. His only flaw perhaps is that he completely lacks any composure and that could/has cost us a lot of goals.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Whoever is scoring needs to be starting. Simple as that. If you are in form and scoring goals you will be starting. If iaquinta starts every game this season because he is scoring then I am fine with that.

I am getting a little impatient with giving not in form strikers playing time to get back to form especially when iaquinta was never given that opportunity last year. He was a 4th choice and when brought on he scored. Its time for amauri or trez to play that role now. Its only fair, iaquinta has earned it so why make him sit only to help trez get back to scoring when IQ has busted his ass and was never given that chance to "find himself" but is still hitting goals home when we need them the most.

In my opinion its time for trez or amauri to ride the pine until one of them start taking their chances properly like IQ has done since he joined Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Whoever is scoring needs to be starting. Simple as that. If you are in form and scoring goals you will be starting. If iaquinta starts every game this season because he is scoring then I am fine with that.

I am getting a little impatient with giving not in form strikers playing time to get back to form especially when iaquinta was never given that opportunity last year. He was a 4th choice and when brought on he scored. Its time for amauri or trez to play that role now. Its only fair, iaquinta has earned it so why make him sit only to help trez get back to scoring when IQ has busted his ass and was never given that chance to "find himself" but is still hitting goals home when we need them the most.

In my opinion its time for trez or amauri to ride the pine until one of them start taking their chances properly like IQ has done since he joined Juventus.
I don't think there is any doubt that Iaquinta is No. 1 striker right now.

The other guys are battling it out for the chance to partner Iaquinta.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think they are both equally massive signings for our team (and funny enough, both were not wanted or rated by the majority of people here)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@red: I think so too, my argument is against giving a player time to produce. Either you are or you aren't. If you aren't you will be replaced by someone who is. A name doesn't guarantee a start. The only player I would guarantee that too is Buffon.

@saddomin: this isn't Almiron's thread :shifty:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Sissoko's immediate impact was huge, but as important as he still is we can manage nowadays with Melo and Marchisio in the middle. Momo's also been quite inconsistent lately.

Iaquinta might have been our best player in 2009, for a cheaper price. With Trez out of form, Del Piero injured and Amauri not scoring, Vincenzo's currently invaluable.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That doesn't really make sense.

Does that mean that if other central midfielders were injured or off form Sissoko would suddenly become a better signing than he is just now?

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
these 2 were our only good moves till this summer (amauri included). iq played very well for 2 years now and even the first year when treze and del played well he saved our ass many times. momo on the other side was the one who transformed our midfield. we were clueless with tiago and almiron and when he came he added so much energy and power and movement to our midfield.

there is no need to compare them. in terms of immediate success iq provides more. as treze is out of form and amauri is scoreless and del is injured, now he is our main striking force. momo is a beast in our midfield and he can potentially be better cause he is younger. he can be our basic dmc for more than 10 years. in addition to this we haven't seen momo in our new midfield. this will be fantastic cause melo will be free to attack and create more as momo will do the defencive work.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
That doesn't really make sense.

Does that mean that if other central midfielders were injured or off form Sissoko would suddenly become a better signing than he is just now?
Iaquinta's been more important for us in 2009. Sissoko was more important in 2008.

Hence, I feel Iaquinta is more valuable to the squad right now and since he also was cheaper, he's the better signing.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
I agree. I was disappointed when we signed him because there were other more attractive options but IQ has proven me wrong. He has been quiet, hardworking and has an excellent scoring ratio considering. He deserves to be a starter whilst he plays like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)