Vincenzo Iaquinta (73 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We're sorry Hustini, atleast we got you to keep all these player's threads alive :p

You should by now know, these threads are only used to moan and abuse the poor players. Pay attention man.

PS: Good goal by Iaq. Our best goalscorer so far.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
iaquinta's touch gets worse with every game. He is nothing more than a battering ram with infinite energy and an eagle's face....Still, he gives his all, and is scoring the goals, so I salute him.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
two good feet????

I think I am watching too much of premier league highlights...which is starting to make me agree with most of my british chums, that the standard of football in my homeland, is now, far higher than in italy.

I am neither a strong fan of Iaquinta or Amauri, neither of whom have anything, to my vision, world class about them...other than perhaps in the air. Without Del Piero, and Trez still finding his match sharpness, which will take a while to return, we lack true class in attack.

Iaquinta generally needs between 8-10 chances, to score one goal. Amauri???? He is either in a poor run of form, unfit, or simply...not good enough. Though out of those two, i see more ability in the brazilian. And reckon he will prove me foolish to have ever doubted him when Diego and Melo are playing regularly behind him and the brazilian connexions grow and blossom...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Vinnie has been unusually wasteful this season so far, he was a lot sharper last season...maybe it's due to the extra workload from the qualifiers...as for Amauri, the only thing lacking in his recent performances (except vs. Bordeaux) is a goal, otherwise he has been a colossus for us

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
But surely, our strikers must be judged, not solely on their work rate, or heart, or spirit, but on GOALS SCORED and GOALS CREATED....so using that, very common measure, of a striker's usefulness to a team, can you still say that Amauri has been a colossus for us, mate???

Don't misconstrue me. I desperately want to see the same Amauri I saw at Palermo, when he was leading their line more often than not to devastating effect...I just haven't see him repeat that form for us...yet.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well your point at its core is spot on, but they can misleading too...not producing the stats does not mean that they are not playing well or contributing positively to the team...if that was the case, you could say that Trez should be starting ahead of Amauri

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
If all were fit, and I mean match fit and match sharp...I would be picking Del Piero and Trez, the old favourite combination, as our starting strike force. With Del Piero regularly subbed for Giovinco, and Trez regularly subbed for Amauri. Iaquinta would definitely be 3rd choice for the BIG MAN role in the front line.

Amauri has shown skill, far greater technique than Iaquinta, and he also works as hard. In the air, they are both very useful, but so is Trez when he is match sharp...

The biggest problem our team has presently is our injuries.

We have a new system with new players. Which needs time to settle, to grow, to blossom, TOGETHER...Continuity of cohesion. With Diego, Melo, Momo, Del Piero, Tiago, Zebina all missing...some for longer than others, we are nowehere near close to our preferred starting XI. The ONLY positive I can see from our current injury crisis is that Marchisio is getting the chance to mature and show his worth.

Iaquinta can be deployed against lesser opposition, or as a sub against high quality opponents when their legs are tired and our battering ram can break them down.

We need technique on the field, as well as muscle. our players with the greatest technique, i would say, are Del Piero, Melo, Diego, Camo, Marchisio, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Trezeguet (his technique is totally dependent however, on match sharpness) and perhaps Giovinco...

Amauri's technique looks good, but it doesn't translate often enough to creating or scoring, which is a worry considering how much we spent on him...as with everyone though, other than molinaro, i will reserve total judgement until everyone is fit, and we can field for a sustained period, something close to our ideal starting XI which I am sure the vast majority of people would agree, goes a little something like this...:
Buffon
Zebina Canna Chiellini grosso
Melo Momo Marchiso/Camo
Diego
Del Piero Trez/Amauri

Once we get close to that team, and trez, has hopefully, by that point, had enough playing time to sharpen his boots as well as his mind, we will be able to see what we are truly capable of doing...Importantly, we are winning whilst not firing on all cylinders...

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Amauri has been contributing a lot. He made an assist for Trezeguet against Lazio and might have another if Trezeguet had connected with the downward header. There was also this one cross for someone that would have been converted into a goal by any top forward. He would have more assists if his striking partners were more clinical.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
One assist and several nearly assists isn't a great return for an offensive player...though, technically speaking, Amauri appears more useful, than Iaquinta.

Other than the creating and scoring, the next area to judge a striker is his teamplay, his ability to become a fluid part of attacking moves. Again, on this score, for me, Amauri is far better than the Battering Ram. Because he can pass the ball, and has a decent first touch...As I mentioned in another thread, Iaquinta looks consistently like the worst passer I have seen in a Juve attack. true enough, he is scoring important goals. But I don't think he will be useful against class opposition, not in his current form...

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Well if that's the case, you have to agree that overall Amauri is a better player than Trezeguet. Because Amauri's work rate and team-play is far superior to Trez and he also does create chances, but just doesn't finish them. But it's still to early in the season and I believe Amauri will find his finishing touch again.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
No yet, Nesta!!!! Trez has the excuse, for his current lack of match sharpness, and therefore lack of goals, in the fact that he was injured for a large amount of last season, and then didn't manage to persuade Mr Raniei that he was worth a first team spot when he was fit...He also had an interesting summer, in which he could have left us...These things affect him. However, if we are judging the two in question, on Quality Shown in Games Played, and we can only take an average, as Trez has played for us for far longer, then, I would still say the frenchman has it, over the brazilian...On current form...I agree, i would likely play Amauri over trez, but not when del piero is fit...those two have a delightful understanding, and also...trez can only get back to giving his best, if he gets more matches under his belt...his game is TOTALLY dependent on Match sharpness. He isnt the most skilful player, or fast, or determined, but he ALWAYS has a world class ability to put himself in goal scoring positions, far more regularly than ANY of our other forwards. But he wont start converting those chances without his match sharpness....

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I love Iaquinta, I really do. A year ago he was our forth striker but he never complained about it instead he showed his worth on the field and now he is the only striker who is delivering.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
aquinta stakes his claim
Monday 21 September, 2009
Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta says his two goals in four games support his bid to earn recognition as the team's No. 1 striker.

The 29-year-old Italy international is always thought of as being behind Amauri, Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet in the Juventus pecking order.

However, his strike rate and sheer number of appearances in the last six months suggest Iaquinta is the new idol of the Curva Scirea.

“The story [that I was a player] of the little pitches and the fact I was never considered a regular by the newspapers, was a joke I made this summer in training camp. But even after seeing the results [I have achieved with Juventus] you continue to put my name in brackets,” Iaquinta explained, meaning the Press are still unconvinced by him.

The former Udinese striker then turned his attention to Juventus' brilliant start to the season.

The Bianconeri have won each of their opening four games in Serie A and currently lie second in the table behind Sampdoria on goal difference.

“This year we changed the mentality. We can also suffer, but in the end we win, and points against the provincial sides, like those obtained against Livorno, are fundamental,” Iaquinta said.

“The credit goes to the team and the club, who bought players of quality in the summer, but also players with a certain strength on a mental level."

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Weedguru, there is no striker in the world who converts 100% of chances given, most of the times Iaquinta gets the ball alone dribbles a defender then he tries to score, there is no point of a forward to be a very good passer, cos the forward should score he shouldn't pass match. Iaquinta has scored many and difficult ones, and considering the fact that he is our fourth striker than there is no team around except real madrid who can compete with us in striking (I mean the quantity and quality strikers).

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Weedguru, there is no striker in the world who converts 100% of chances given, most of the times Iaquinta gets the ball alone dribbles a defender then he tries to score, there is no point of a forward to be a very good passer, cos the forward should score he shouldn't pass match. Iaquinta has scored many and difficult ones, and considering the fact that he is our fourth striker than there is no team around except real madrid who can compete with us in striking (I mean the quantity and quality strikers).
Lunacy...There is a massive point to a forward possessing the capacity to pass the ball, especially at the levels where Juve aspire to remain and succeed. A forward who cannot pass the ball is a liability, not an asset. Because any player can be marked out of a game by world class defenders...and if ALL a team's attacking moves aim to end with the striker in consideration here and now, and if he is marked, and cannot shoot, what happens??? we lose the ball, dont score...Its an extra shame that his passing seems presently so poor, i say presently as i have not noticed it before, because with his physical strength and power, he would make an ideal partner to someone like Giovinco, and also Diego, players with pace who can run off him...BUT...I am sure many of you with more sense than youthful exuberance will agree, We are not in great form. Which is encouraging, given the results...Thankfully Buffon is back to Super Human, and we have some high quality players to return to the first team. And also...Marchisio is maturing smoothly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)