Vincenzo Iaquinta (4 Viewers)

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
did u see the celebration of nedveds goal? Iaquinta spanking the hell outta someones ass. legend! upload a link anyone?

And yes vinny has been great lately, alongside Giovinco the only bright stars

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Channel 4

Thursday 26 March, 2009
Blog: Super Sub

Vincenzo Iaquinta has been impressive in recent weeks and Juve shouldn’t get rid of him, says Serafino Ingardia
We all know Vincenzo Iaquinta is not one of the most skilled forwards in the game, still the former Udinese ace has so far proved his worth at a big club like Juventus despite being harshly criticised in the past few years.

The world champion, who will turn 30 in November, was signed to be a reserve and sit on the bench waiting for his moment. It’s not an easy job to be ready only when needed, but Iaquinta is super at it. He is the kind of player every Coach wishes to have in his squad. Vincenzo trains hard, never complains and scores important goals when brought in.

He is also unique. Incredibly fast for his height, 6 foot 2 inches, he helps the team like no other. If fans just appreciated him for what he truly does, without caring too much about his technique, then he would get the credit he deserves.

Marcello Lippi, who is no fool, knows what I am talking about. That is why whenever he gets the chance to he calls Vincenzo up for the Italy squad. He brought him to Germany and wasn’t let down, and will try to do the same in 2010.

Juve have recently considered cashing in on the player and it is no secret that a ludicrous offer from Zenit St. Petersburg was accepted by the club, but turned down by the striker himself last January. The Bianconeri should consider their moves this summer because if they are to get rid of him then it won’t be easy to find an equal replacement on the market.

In modern football we all acknowledge the importance of rotating players and Vincenzo is ideal for this system. He has been a key player for Juve this season scoring six Serie A goals and three in the Champions League, including a fantastic opener against Chelsea.

Now look at his teammates – Amauri, always undecided between Italy and Brazil and never truly in love with the Bianconeri colours, or David Trezeguet, tempted to leave the Olimpico on many occasions.

Those big names should learn from the modesty of their less famous teammate. Iaquinta’s only wish is to keep on playing for the Old Lady and he will try to retain his place in the team at any cost. No moans, no complaints or demands for wage increases will ever cross his mind. Vincenzo is indeed good news for calcio because he makes me feel that there are still honourable players in football.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Iaquinta full of confidence Thursday 26 March, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Iaquinta maintains he is “inferior to nobody” and backs Juventus teammate Amauri to join him in the Italy side.

There have been rumours that Iaquinta will leave Turin in the summer as he struggled to secure first-team football for much of the season.

But the former Udinese man has been on decent form of late and has been included in the latest Italy squad to face Montenegro and the Republic of Ireland.

“When I am feeling good, I don't feel inferior to anyone,” Iaquinta said in today's Press conference at Coverciano.

“I am on good form. I am playing regularly and have no problems physically or psychologically. I just want to do well for La Nazionale.

“At Juventus we play with two strikers, whereas we also have a wide attacker for the Azzurri,”
he continued.

“If I play as first striker I can usually find space. I have never played a game from the start for Italy as main striker but it wouldn't be a problem because I did that at Udinese for seven years and it's the position that suits me best.

“At Udinese I would start games even when I hadn't trained but at Juve there are so many champions that I know I have to always train well. I have played five games in a row and I don't want to stop.”

The debate over whether Amauri should be allowed to join the Italian ranks continues to rage.

“It is for Amauri and Marcello Lippi to decide,” Iaquinta insisted. “Too much has already been said about it.

“Perhaps it would have been better if Amauri had never discussed it before he made his decision.

“But for me there would be no problem in Amauri playing for the Azzurri - he is a great player and I would play alongside anyone.”

Channel 4

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Some of the forumers will say im mad or something.... but from years i have been suggesting that we should sell trezeguet to buy a more versatile striker.......

this was in the past when we really just had del piero and him.... but now...we have also amauri and IQ.
Yes I know he is a club legend and has served us well... but the last games has demonstrated that we really do not require his services anymore. This team was noe dimensional with his game and with IQ and amauri i it not anymore.

Like the blog said... IQ is a good proffesional also and he really likes to stay.... he can add to the game something mroe than goals and we surely will not be lacking goals because we also have 3 VERY good strikers apart from treze....and those 3 strikers can do much more than just score, even when trezeguet is maybe the most specialized goal scorer this club has ever had.

Sell Trez...stay with IQ... bring cassano in a part exchange deal and use the trez money to continue buying players.

I think this is the best options.----- because selling a bench warmer like IQ, ehich doesnt complain and is for sure just too good to be a benchwarmer....would be a silly mistakes.

After all, Trezeguet will sooner or later demand first team action and the truth is that amauri and IQ can do as good as him and maybe better.

He has done a lot for juventus but i think that this time he really needs to help the team in another way!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)