Vincenzo Iaquinta (7 Viewers)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Exactly. Many people take that for granted when so many other players would have caused instability in the locker room and cause the team so many unneeded headaches.

What I love most about IQ is his selflessness and humbleness.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
IMO he will stay. He earned his transfer to Juventus and is in love with the club. I don't see him leaving after just one season. He is a loyal player and Juventus for him is the biggest club in Italy and the crown of his career. He didn't even play that little. He has 1151 minutes of playing time and he is well recognised within our club and appreciated.

Iaquinta will stay, people, I'm certain. The media just likes to upset people. Fortunately, I don't give a shit what they have to write, unlike some people. :rolleyes:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Why would it be a disgrace? Two more capable strikers played ahead of him and scored the most goals, both with a chance of a capocanoniere crown. It's not like he was benched because of under-form strikers.

I was against Iaquinta from the start, I just didn't rate him high enough, but he has won me over with his heart and determination. I wouldn't want to see him leave next season, but I certainly wouldn't call it a disgrace if he did.
Iaquinta really is the perfect third choise striker though. Able to play in both Trez' and DP's role, brings something extra whenever he comes from the bench and he doesn't moan(yet..) about being selected behind the other two strikers when everybody is fit.

Amauri is a much better player, but Iaquinta is quite a gem for the role he fills within our squad.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
IMO he will stay. He earned his transfer to Juventus and is in love with the club. I don't see him leaving after just one season. He is a loyal player and Juventus for him is the biggest club in Italy and the crown of his career. He didn't even play that little. He has 1151 minutes of playing time and he is well recognised within our club and appreciated.

Iaquinta will stay, people, I'm certain. The media just likes to upset people. Fortunately, I don't give a shit what they have to write, unlike some people. :rolleyes:
Money games.....

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
yeah it was on juventus.it this morning, personally I'm not too bothered now as we have nothing left to play for. He should focus on getting fit for euros

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now when you've mentioned it... :p

Iaquinta is Euro doubt

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta is out for the rest of the season with a muscular problem that could rule him out of Euro 2008.

The powerful hitman has been sidelined for several weeks, but the severity of the injury has been unclear.

However, tests seem to have revealed that a lengthy period of relaxation is called for and Iaquinta has certainly made his last contribution to this campaign.

“The scans have shown that healing is taking place, but more rest is needed,” a statement from Juventus doctor Riccardo Agricola reads.

“Given the proximity to the end of the season and the delicate nature of the muscles involved, he won’t feature for the rest of the current season.

“Vincenzo will return to Juve duty for pre-season training.”

It is widely believed that a month will be long enough for Iaquinta to recover.

But the spell on the sidelines will have cost him match fitness and may encourage Roberto Donadoni to look elsewhere when selecting his squad for Austria and Switzerland.

channel 4

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta really is the perfect third choise striker though. Able to play in both Trez' and DP's role, brings something extra whenever he comes from the bench and he doesn't moan(yet..) about being selected behind the other two strikers when everybody is fit.

Amauri is a much better player, but Iaquinta is quite a gem for the role he fills within our squad.
Not much of an argument there.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
IAQUINTA & GIOVINCO, CHE VOGLIA DI JUVE!

TORINO - Ma chi ha detto che l'arrivo di Amauri incoraggerebbe Iaquinta a far le valigie? Niente di più falso. L'attacco della Juventus sarà di un potenziale stellare con due campioni del mondo come Del Piero e l'ex Udinese, un vice-campione del mondo del calibro di David Trezeguet, e un tutto-fare come Amauri, centravanti del momento. In questa stagione Iaquinta non ha avuto la fortuna di mettersi in mostra come avrebbe desiderato, complice la straripante forma fisica del suo capitano e del suo collega francese. Si parlava, e si parla tuttora, di una trattativa con la Roma del suo ex tecnico Spalletti, ma il centravanti di Crotone dimostra di avere le idee chiare sul suo futuro. 'Tuttosport' ha riportato quanto da lui dichiarato l'altra sera in occasione di una partita del torneo 'Ferramosca-Neri': "Se rimango? Certo che sì. Io rimango, qui sto benissimo. Ho faticato tanto per raggiungere una grande e adesso che ce l’ho non intendo certo mollarla. Ringrazio la Roma, tanti attestati di stima fanno ovviamente piacere. Amauri? Non temo il brasiliano, ci mancherebbe. Più giocatori forti arrivano meglio è. Per vincere su due fronti servono rinforzi. E io me la gioco, anche perché la concorrenza stimola".

Eng: IQ is remaining at Juve even (if) Amauri comes....

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
It makes no sense to move Iaquinta anyway, I'm relieved that he's apparently staying.

World class teams in top competitions tend to have at least four "top end" (opinions may vary) strikers:

Real Madrid: Van Nistelrooy, Higuain, Saviola, Raul, (Robinho)
Manchester United: Rooney, Tevez, Saha (C. Ronaldo, Giggs)
Barcelona: Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, dos Santos, Gudjohnsen, Krkic
Liverpool: Torres, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin, (Babel)
Chelsea: Drogba, Shevchenko, Anelka, Kalou, Pizarro
AC Milan: Pato, Gilardino, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Oliveira*,(Kaka)
Inter Milan: Cruz, Ibrahimovic, Crespo*, Suazo

*Loaned or On Loan
() - Played as forward/support striker recently

I fail to see how Juventus couldn't use the following:

Del Piero, Trezeguet, Amauri, Iaquinta, Palladino, (Giovinco)

It seems to fit right in with those top teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)