Vincenzo Iaquinta (9 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its insane how often this season we used our strikers as wingers, in CL you cant play every second player out of position and dont get punishment, so it seems logical for me. Roma are short of strikers, we will be short of wingers, and it seems like this deal will benefit both parties involved. Mancini needs to change team, we cant offer Iaq starting position and Iaq dont want to be supersub, so bye bye, life is hard, but thats how it is. We cant allow to have World Cup winner with WC winner wage on our bench.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
trust me guys, this rumour is absolute HORSESHIT...Vinnie ain't going nowhere!
Well, I don't know if that's certain, but I'm pretty sure he won't be going to Napoli. Iaquinta came here in search of trophies and Champions' League football. By going to Napoli, he probably won't reach Champions' League, and I just don't see Napoli winning a Scudetto. Hence, the Roma move is the more viable option in this case, and I see it as a possibility.

Personally, I hope he stays. While Juventus is anything but short of passionate players, Iaquinta has the grit, ambition and determination that gets you trophies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Well, I don't know if that's certain, but I'm pretty sure he won't be going to Napoli. Iaquinta came here in search of trophies and Champions' League football. By going to Napoli, he probably won't reach Champions' League, and I just don't see Napoli winning a Scudetto. Hence, the Roma move is the more viable option in this case, and I see it as a possibility.

Personally, I hope he stays. While Juventus is anything but short of passionate players, Iaquinta has the grit, ambition and determination that gets you trophies.

Dont get me wrong when i say this but yeah Iaquinta shows passion in his play but quality wise he's a tad predictable. In the C.L he'll easily get marked out the game, Yes he has a bit of pace but thats probably about it. I can see him going to lets say Roma in some kind of deal. Roma need a striker anyway. we need a big game player and need to stop relying on DP as he seems to be the only one whos seems to do it for us and hes old. Trez hardly does a thing.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Except scoring most amount of goals for a foreigner in Juve's history. Oh and being our current league top scorer.

Yeah thats great! but can you actually check out trez's record since he's been with us to how many goals he has scored in key matches? ok against inter this season and milan 2005 but apart from them? Tell me? Its all good to score against Livorno and Empoli but when it matters............where is he?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ummm, the reason we won scudetti's in his time is because we have someone who can score so consistently that you can win against the small teams, that whats matter most.

And there is no one who scores as consistently as Trez. In scoring ratio, he is 4th in the history of italian football. Yes, you read it right, he is that consistent.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ummm, the reason we won scudetti's in his time is because we have someone who can score so consistently that you can win against the small teams, that whats matter most.

And there is no one who scores as consistently as Trez. In scoring ratio, he is 4th in the history of italian football. Yes, you read it right, he is that consistent.

Small teams! fuck sake my grandmother can score the goals he's done against the so called small teams with the service we provide for him. I know i sound ungreatful here but i do get annoyed with our strikers in the big matches. I always expect a midfielder or even hope for a defender from a corner to score in those big games. We'll see what Amauri has to offer IF he joins.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Small teams! fuck sake my grandmother can score the goals he's done against the so called small teams with the service we provide for him. I know i sound ungreatful here but i do get annoyed with our strikers in the big matches. I always expect a midfielder or even hope for a defender from a corner to score in those big games. We'll see what Amauri has to offer IF he joins.
We should petiton Secco to sign ure grandmother then, I'm sure she would do well in Turin :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Amount of big teams in Serie A beside us: 3.
Amount of small or "smaller" teams: 15.

Tell me which one its more important to consistently score against. You can lose all the games against the big teams and still win the league, like Roma did when they won scudetto (or win against all big teams like we have this season, but be nowhere near winning the league).

Thats beside the point though because I know what you mean, that you want and demand more, as you can. But dont underestimate the importance of scoring against the small teams. Every coach in the world will tell you the obvious of thats where the titles are won.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Amount of big teams in Serie A beside us: 3.
Amount of small or "smaller" teams: 15.

Tell me which one its more important to consistently score against. You can lose all the games against the big teams and still win the league, like Roma did when they won scudetto (or win against all big teams like we have this season, but be nowhere near winning the league).

Thats beside the point though because I know what you mean, that you want and demand more, as you can. But dont underestimate the importance of scoring against the small teams. Every coach in the world will tell you the obvious of thats where the titles are won.

What league you talking about? If we're going by this season then by now we would have won the league. Instead we're gonna see that big nosed Zingaro Ibra'Choke in the big games ovic' say how good he was and how Moratti polishe's his mantle piece every sunday evening. we should be top. FFS we are Juventus!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No the opposite actually, we have been successful in the big games you want us to score more in, we have won against Inter, Milan, Lazio and Roma. Only Viola in the whole league has the upper hand on us. The reason we are nowhere near winning this season is because we have sucked and lost pts against the smaller teams. Empoli, Cagliari, Reggina, Catania and so on and on.

P.S Stop calling him a zingaro. Xenophobic crap are neither cute or funny.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
21/04/2008 19:12
Napoli Preparing Iaquinta Bid – Report
According to reports in Italy, Napoli are lining up a summer transfer bid for Juventus benchwarmer Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Iaquinta only signed for Juve from Udinese last summer, and despite a good season, he has featured sparingly due to the fantastic form of David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero, who have hit 35 Serie A goals between them.

The 28-year-old Iaquinta has grown increasingly frustrated with his bit-part role, and despite originally declaring that he would be staying and fighting for his place next season, he is now said to be considering leaving.

The likely signing of Amauri from Palermo, as well as the return of Sebastian Giovinco from loan at Empoli, means that Juve may entertain the idea of selling Iaquinta.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti has been heavily linked with making a move for his former pupil, however now Napoli are also said to be interested.

The southerners have big plans to break into Italy’s elite over the next two-to-three years, and are lining up some big transfers this summer.

Juve could ask for midfielder Marek Hamsik in exchange, although it is highly unlikely that the Partenopei would consider releasing their star man.

Gianni Wilson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)