Vincenzo Iaquinta (43 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Iaquinta’s Azzurri joy Tuesday 25 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta is relishing the chance to play for Italy against Spain tomorrow night.

The former Udinese man has struggled to find first-team football in Turin this term due to competition from Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet.

However, Iaquinta has excelled when called upon and still seems to be in pole position for a place at Euro 2008.

“I’m very happy with this recognition,” he enthused. “It means that the Coach still thinks highly of me.

“I hope to continue doing well and to be a part of the squad two months from now at the European Championships. Hopefully we can add the European title to our World Cup.”

Some sources suggest that Iaquinta’s reluctance to play the role of substitute may lead to the 28-year-old quitting Turin, but he seems calm and settled with the Bianconeri.

“For the moment I am happy with what I am doing,” he stressed. “Next year there will be more matches to play so there will be more space for me.

“My future is still with Juve and I have a contract until 2012 to respect.”

As if you wouldnt want too Iaq:D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
hopefully this means he's happy at juve:

Iaquinta: No Barça sorrow

Vincenzo Iaquinta has told Football Italia that he has no regrets about seeing a dream move to Barcelona collapse while at Udinese. “I’m at Juve now.”

The Italian international was targeted by the Spanish giants on numerous occasions during his Udine stint, yet no transfer was ever completed.

“It was completely true that Barca were interested, but I have no regrets,” noted the 2006 World Cup winner.

“In the end, even by staying in Udine I managed to get into the Champions League, I won the World Cup and then earned myself a place here at Juventus.

“Maybe on a personal level it would have been interesting to play abroad.

“If I ever talk about it again it will be a long time down the road as I am so happy at Juventus and I hope to stay here for a good deal longer.”

Iaquinta, who has eight League goals so far this term, joined the Old Lady in the summer and has big ambitions for the future.

“I want to win everything,” he added. “And when I say everything, that includes the Scudetto and the Champions League.

“When? Soon, hopefully next year. We will give everything.”

To read the exclusive interview with Vincenzo Iaquinta in full, just pick up the April issue of Calcio Italia magazine.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
28/03/2008 12:47
Iaquinta Tells Roma: Thanks But No Thanks
Vincenzo Iaquinta has thanked Roma for their reported interest in him but says he fully intends to honour his contract at Juventus.Reports in the Italian media yesterday suggested that a possible swap deal was on the cards between Juve and Roma, which would see Iaquinta and Amantino Mancini trade jerseys.

With Mancini struggling to come to an agreement over a contract extension, and Iaquinta frustrated over a lack of first team action, it was speculated that this kind of deal would suit both parties.

However Iaquinta says there is no chance of him moving to the Eternal City.

"Really Roma and I would enter into an exchange with Mancini?,” pondered Iaquinta.

“If so, I thank the Giallorossi, but I have five years on my contract with Juve and I have the absolute intention to honour it. Therefore I will not be moving, I feel very good.”

Despite Iaquinta’s declarations, this is unlikely to deter Juve from trying to sign Mancini, a player who coach Claudio Ranieri feels can add that little bit of extra flair to his starting XI.

Gianni Wilson

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Iaquinta: No regrets for the Barcelona transfer

Same shit but using different words.

How many times can we post the same article?

On the same page?

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Iaquinta's injury blow
Thursday 17 April, 2008

There’s bad news for Juventus striking star Vincenzo Iaquinta as he has been ruled out of action for another three weeks.

The former Udinese hitman was missing for yesterday’s rescheduled Week 31 clash against Parma and played just 12 minutes in last Saturday’s showdown against Milan.

Iaquinta damaged quadriceps last Tuesday in training and scans have revealed that the problem is more serious than initially suspected and will take at least three weeks to fully heal.

With the competition intense for places at Euro 2008, Iaquinta’s injury has come at an inopportune time and could prove costly.

The news means that unsettled forward Raffaele Palladino, who hit a superb goal against Parma, will have a greater chance of commanding a starting spot.

:wallbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)