Vincenzo Iaquinta (38 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
this is our core formation for this season, you can't really expect Ciro to change that to an untested system...Bayern were simply iresistible in the 1st half, you have to give it to them...they endlessly hassled our MF and gave Diego zero space...but the 2nd half, we really should have done much better...Ribery was being contained and Byaern didn't look like scoring, yet we could not get the ball out of defence
I am not saying we should have changed formation but Del Piero or Amauri instead of Trezeguet or Iaquinta would have made Diego work more on the ball because these players can hold the ball.

Diego had a double team all evening from Schweinsteiger and Ottl, who was there to take advantage of that?

Bayern were irresistible in the first half on the flanks, they are weak in the middle and in defence and we totally missed out on that advantage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I am not saying we should have changed formation but Del Piero or Amauri instead of Trezeguet or Iaquinta would have made Diego work more on the ball because these players can hold the ball.

Diego had a double team all evening from Schweinsteiger and Ottl, who was there to take advantage of that?

Bayern were irresistible in the first half on the flanks, they are weak in the middle and in defence and we totally missed out on that advantage.

agree, I've indicated to that in my sig., some very questionable decisions by Ciro today...I kinda get the Poulsen one, but Amauri instead of Trez? that was messed up

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
No, judging by this match Trez would have been much more efficient given the right service, also Iaqunta is too selfish, he should have left that ball in the second half for Trez coming from behind with great speed instead of shooting it while falling down.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
IQ is one that will have a crack at goal at any remote possibilities and when he does that, his awareness of his surrounding are close to zero. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it don't. Trez will have probably done the same.

DP, Diego and Amauri with better ball control at their feet would have taken an extra touch ...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i accept the excuse of blasting off a shot due to being "in the heat of the moment" to any player with the ball at his feet in the opponents box.

but not in the heat of every moment. and thats where Vinny has lost my support for his f-ups

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i accept the excuse of blasting off a shot due to being "in the heat of the moment" to any player with the ball at his feet in the opponents box.

but not in the heat of every moment. and thats where Vinny has lost my support for his f-ups
Indeed and that's why I believe Iaquinta is 100% not suitable to play alongside Trez. The way I see it, a fit DP and Trez are still are best choice forward line.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Indeed and that's why I believe Iaquinta is 100% not suitable to play alongside Trez. The way I see it, a fit DP and Trez are still are best choice forward line.
True that but Ferrara had limited choices, Del Piero ain't 100% fit to start and Amauri is still struggling from his mental block.

I wondered if a 4-4-1-1 would have served us better if the match was to be played all over again. Diego playing behind Trez/IQ and we have 4 players spread over the midfield to curb Scarface and Glassman.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
T

I wondered if a 4-4-1-1 would have served us better if the match was to be played all over again. Diego playing behind Trez/IQ and we have 4 players spread over the midfield to curb Scarface and Glassman.
Maybe so. But again, this is our new system now, and reverting back to a 4-4-2 already is not exactly a smart thing to do.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
No, judging by this match Trez would have been much more efficient given the right service, also Iaqunta is too selfish, he should have left that ball in the second half for Trez coming from behind with great speed instead of shooting it while falling down.
Iaquinta created that chance, so he had every right to take it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Iaquinta created that chance, so he had every right to take it.
Nah, it's not about that and it's wrong thinking in such egoistic way, if that's really how Iaquinta was thinking.

The question is if Iaquinta knew at all that Trez was behind him. If Trez said "leave it for me" and Iaquinta still took the shot, then it was a big mistake, but if Trez didn't let Iaquinta know that he was behind, then it wasn't Iaquinta's mistake.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah, assists are useless.
Also, from now on I suggest Del Piero doesn't take all our penalty kicks any longer, since those chances belong the player that was fouled. Add the free kicks to for that matter.

Football is a team sport! And you know what they say: " There is no I in ...

... gang rape"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)