Vincenzo Iaquinta (39 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The player this team is missing the most.

He can miss 5 chances per match if he wants, but we need him back. We need a runner up front, someone who's not slow or static, someone who can get the best out of Diego and out of those long balls we're sending.

Better to find yourself in 3 chances and score 1 then to find yourself in 0 chances or 1 chance and score none.
that is pretty much what I have been saying of amauri. we need a striker that works to get into space to get the ball, not a statue. It was clear to see the difference in Vucinic and Amauri yesterday. Vuc was all over the place, Amauri was only and always in the middle backed up to the last man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know, we saw some pics of him running so I thought shortly but I feel like he had a relapse of an injury. Not sure thought to be honest, God I would love to have a pure goal scorer back in our lineup.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Iaquinta suffers injury setback
Thursday 28 January, 2010
Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta isn't expected to return to first team action until the middle of February after suffering an injury setback.

The 29-year-old Italy international has been on the sidelines since October 24 when he required surgery to repair the meniscus in his knee.

Claudio Marchisio and Gigi Buffon have also had the operation since then, but both players have returned to Ciro Ferrara's disposition.

According to Tuttosport, Professor Quaglia, the man who performed the surgery, has realised that Iaquinta's injury wasn't just a simple meniscus tear.

It appears the cartilage around his left knee also needed cleaning, something that extends the recuperation process.

That explains why Iaquinta hasn't played for 93 days while Marchisio only needed 46 and Buffon 35 to make a full recovery.

Iaquinta had started the season well, scoring three goals in six starts for the Bianconeri. His presence has been sorely missed.

FI

:lol: Thank God for med school.

Wow, 3 goals in 6 games is as much as Amauri has scored in 9 months. :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
"daddy i want a vincenzo iaquinta"

"alright udinese, how much do you want for one of the vincenzo iaquintas"

"i want goals scored, i want headers placed, i want great assists, i want it now"

too much? :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"daddy i want a vincenzo iaquinta"

"alright udinese, how much do you want for one of the vincenzo iaquintas"

"i want goals scored, i want headers place, i want great assists, i want it now"

too much? :shifty:
No, it isn't. I want one goal from Amauri. At least that way one duck will be ended.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
i meant had i gone too far with the changing lyrics, i want amauri sold and dzeko brought in, two tall blokes up front (vinnie and edin) cant be a bad thing, esp with vinnie being able to place headers so well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i meant had i gone too far with the changing lyrics, i want amauri sold and dzeko brought in, two tall blokes up front (vinnie and edin) cant be a bad thing, esp with vinnie being able to place headers so well.
That is a good point though. Amauri has powerful headers, but little accuracy. IQ has both:)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Zac (our coach, not Efron) would like to have him back with the squad very soon, but at the moment no one in the entire club seems to have any idea when he'll be fit again.
Since the previous estimates were (very) wrong, no one dares to pin a date on his return.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/potd-our-starting-xi-for-the-next-few-weeks.html
February 2nd, 2010
#4- Iaquinta suffered an injury setback yesterday and will be out for 2-3 more weeks.
Let's hope it's at most 2-3 weeks.

Today's La Stampa said the following:

Il rientro di Iaquinta un rebus per Zac.
Come per Vincenzo Iaquinta, il cui rientro era stato fissato per gennaio, poi scivolato all’inizio di febbraio e, ora, quasi a data da destinarsi. Si può solo azzardare qualche previsione, ma la verità è che nessuno in casa Juve si sente di mettere il timbro sotto una data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)