Vikings (6 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
dudes, this show is getting lamer and lamer
I liked the season so far but Ep7 was kinda lame. Couldn't care less about the Paris affair. Authors heat up the situation in England and with Athelstan and then slow it down by showing something I don't care about.

True. I also noticed that Ragnar is very Johnny Depp's John Sparrow-esque when it comes to the way he talks, moves and gestures.
I noticed that too. Kinda freaky. Also Ragnar has become sorta fat around the face :D Compared to Season 1 Ragnar
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/05/vikings_ragnar_5.jpg
Ye it was pretty obvious that Ragnar needed him to build the siege towers but as soon as they get back to Kattegat Floki is done. It would be easy for Ragnar to kill him in battle and make it look like an accident but in a TV-Show we need an epic stand-off and a melodramatic execution.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Blagden had one thing to say to “Vikings” fans contemplating abandoning the series after the murder of a favorite character.

“If some people are serious about not tuning in because of [Athelstan’s death], then they should tune in,” he said with a laugh.

“They should tune in next week.”
:shifty:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Floki is gonna die, I dont find that a spoiler, I just hope they dont go with the BS twist of bringing back Athelstan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They made a point to not show Athelstan's dead body and he has been Jesus like character this entire season, so defenitely expecting that lame twist.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
But Athelstan isn't dead. Floki came into his cabin, told him to go away and never come back or he will kill him, then placed the Athelstan dummy he carved and struck it with his axe. Next up: Athestan is on the run as he meets the wanderer Odin. Odin converts him to paganism, Athelstan comes back as a pagan, Ragnar sends him on a mission to win King Ecbert for their cause. Ragnar+Ecbert defeat Kwenthingy of Mercia+Aethelwulf, Vikings settle in England again, turning it into a pagan paradise as we know it today. Then Ragnar blood-eagles Ecbert for his former betrayal.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I think the implication is that Ragnar burried the body of that old farmer he killed earlier in the episode (we have never seen what happened to his body) and Athelstan was probably smuggled out of Kategat (maybe on a mission to Wessex).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And Ragnar talking over his dead body like its his dear friend, when no one is anywhere near him to hear him (hence no need for a show), is explained by?

IMO they are more likely to go with a lame supernatural BS twist. Hope not.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah but... Ragnar did shout at Floki... Wait. When he talked to Floki he said like 'I miss him'? He didn't say you killed him. Maybe he left and he misses him.

But Floki did say to his wife that he killed him.

- - - Updated - - -

And Ragnar talking over his dead body like its his dear friend, when no one is anywhere near him to hear him.
He was saying how he misses him and how he left him (Ragnar). Maybe he was just talking to himself.

But there was a cross on the grave, though... :D

Yeah, looks like a resurrection lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)