Vikings (7 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I haven't read the books, so I don't know if they're different, but: nothing ever really happens. And every character that finally shows some promise is instantly killed off. Easily the most frustrating show of the decade.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I loved the strategy of Mercia. Let's split our force with no way to help each other. Did they actually hope that Ragnar would split his forces to fight both sides? :rofl:

also Rollo is the father of Normandy. He is bound to be an epic warrior king sooner or later. His evolution from a drunk, brainless thug to a wise, thinking leader is one of the best parts of the show.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
They are based on historical characters
the only important non-historical figure is Ragnar himself :p. All his sons are historical and so is Rollo. The show makers have totally messed up the dates and some relations though (like Rollo never claimed to be the brother of Ragnar). In any way it is a nice mix of fiction and historical events.

Jul 10, 2006
the only important non-historical figure is Ragnar himself :p. All his sons are historical and so is Rollo. The show makers have totally messed up the dates and some relations though (like Rollo never claimed to be the brother of Ragnar). In any way it is a nice mix of fiction and historical events.
Well, it is unclear if Ragnar was a real historical figure or a mythologized meshing of several Viking warlords. So I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I loved the strategy of Mercia. Let's split our force with no way to help each other. Did they actually hope that Ragnar would split his forces to fight both sides? :rofl:

also Rollo is the father of Normandy. He is bound to be an epic warrior king sooner or later. His evolution from a drunk, brainless thug to a wise, thinking leader is one of the best parts of the show.
Yeah was retarded. Good first ep.

Something will happen to Bjorn's girl though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What's the real story behind Ivar? Why was he actually 'boneless'?
I suspect there are dozens of possible explanations, all of which can be tracked back to a characteristic that is widely exaggerated. Perhaps he had osteogenesis imperfecta (sp?) like Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)