Vikings (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think Egbert, who is a clever mofo, doesnt mind Athelstan being there because he wants someone who will have positive effect on Ragnar there. Not that Athelstan is the agent of that conniving mofo.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Interesting 10th episode from the second season. I guess the discussion about Floki ends here? I didn't understand which were the dead children in the end of the episode?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
but as i watched the last episode i couldnt help but wonder what it would have looked like had it been written by GRR martin :D
It's easy to imagine. Lagertha will be Ragnar's sister. Dragons will keep the english shore. Bjorn will be gay and Floki will be a sorcerer. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Klin! Floki vindicated :D even it was weirdly set up with the build up, it turned out as you suspected.

Btw wonder why they didn't show us them killing horiks only son?

ßöмßäяðîëя;4532594 said:
I wanted to start this show, is there a way to stream it?

Is it on Netflix, Hulu, or anything?
It's on HBO go /Nordic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, but why didn't they?
i guess you dont refuse a dying man's last wish, or maybe hes got a role to play next season

Athelstan is kinda annoying. He needs to make up his mind.
i actually really like his character, and i think his genuine effort to understand the viking beliefs caused ragnar to really bond him and maybe eventually becoming a christian himself. Also the doubt and going back and forth is much more honest than a straight up change of creed.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
i guess you dont refuse a dying man's last wish, or maybe hes got a role to play next season

i actually really like his character, and i think his genuine effort to understand the viking beliefs caused ragnar to really bond him and maybe eventually becoming a christian himself. Also the doubt and going back and forth is much more honest than a straight up change of creed.
That's fine but I find it kind of weird how he can transition back and forth between being a good 'ol monk and lead a pious/intellectual lifestyle and then suddenly be at a hardcore viking party surrounded by all kinds of 'sin'.

The writer had said Athelstan is the link for Westerners to relate to for the viewers.
I can understand that.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
That's fine but I find it kind of weird how he can transition back and forth between being a good 'ol monk and lead a pious/intellectual lifestyle and then suddenly be at a hardcore viking party surrounded by all kinds of 'sin'.
Yeah, it's pretty weird. If a monk starts in raiding parties you would expect that he is over with the idea of pious life. I agree with you. There is something very weird with him. But still, he is needed to show us the vikings from another perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)