Vieri in Di Vaio swap? (2 Viewers)

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Bah I don't like the idea. Vieri is gettin old and he is prone to injuries. I wouldn't take him back. I would rather bet on Gilardino and give him chances to exploit rather than have him in the bench just like Di Vaio and Miccoli...

I think that Prandelli would agree...

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
Bah I don't like the idea. Vieri is gettin old and he is prone to injuries. I wouldn't take him back. I would rather bet on Gilardino and give him chances to exploit rather than have him in the bench just like Di Vaio and Miccoli...

come to think about it, the next season wilL be cruciaL

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
IMO if we get Gilardino I would like to see him as a starter...
sitting on the bench working as a backup makes me think that he
will lose confident and he will start thinking of his days in Parma, this can't be helping him develop...

it's a nice idea in theory, get a young player give him a year or so to adjust
while using a more experienced player as #1. but i'm afraid it will not work...

however it's also up to gilardino, perhaps he is mentaly strong and could cope with the situation...

time will tell... :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

Vieri is an old and bitter man. Taking him out of Inter isn't going to remedy that -- at least most of it, and not overnight. If we're going to give Gila a shot at being one of our more exciting youth players, and possibly a player whose future we can build upon, we can't afford to have him sitting on the bench while DP and Vieri get their game time. And when I say "can't afford", I mean that in multiple ways.

I think Gila could learn plenty alongside DP. DP is a far better role model and has a lot less of the anti-team attitude that Bobo has (and it isn't just Inter -- please reference his infantile behavior at Azzurri games).

As bizarre as this may sound, I would actually prefer Di Vaio to Vieri.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
come to think about it, the next season wilL be cruciaL
Actually, I'm suspecting it won't be, as things are going to take a little time.

With all the changes afoot (necessary and otherwise), I'm going to break my blind Juve beliefs here and say that next year could be quite a challenge for us. Not even so much missing out on the scudetto -- in transition, we could struggle to qualify for the Champions League by season's end.

But with someone like Prandelli at the helm, he's managed to bring success even under the strains of personnel changes. (Something DD -- who I slightly prefer -- hasn't had to contend with this year, as Monaco/Ligue 1 hasn't had the usual January player raid as in the past.)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
bad deal, we should leave DV some space,if he stars as a premier player he will; rock the world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Hm....I would be glad to see Parma in Champions leauge and then it would be harsh to rip them off for 90% of their squad(coach,gilla,defenders:D)
Hmmm, like I said before, Parma is our farm team. So it really doesn't matter. :D

OP
A_LAcki

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Bobo for Di Vaio anytime.

Vieri, Gilardino, Miccoli, Del Piero, Kapo(5th striker or LAM)

We all know Vieri plays half a season and Gilardino can cover for him. I don't see any problems. Vieri admitted once that Juve was the best team he played for.
    100% agree!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)