Vieri in Di Vaio swap? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Vieri would add more to our attack than Di Vaio. And if Di Vaio leaves, Miccoli would get far more playing time, which he deserves. Also, from what I have heard, Moggi wants to get Gilardino this year, but he thinks that it would be better to get Vieri as well to: A. Take pressure of Alberto and B. To let Alberto learn from Christian.

I say exchange Di Vaio for Vieri, and bring in Gilardino. So in this case we have two protoypical strikers (Vieri and Gilardino) and two second/ support strikers (Del Piero and Miccoli). This would be ideal because this season Trez has not had a true back up, cuz IMO Di Vaio is not a center forward. So with Gila and Vieri they would back up one another.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Vieri in juve adds:

1- Physical strength in the attack => goals from headers and tap ins

2- A big name to the team
3- New fans joining juventus from inter
4- A great striker that lost himself this season with inter

Vieri in juve subtracts:

1- A place for Cavenaghi or Gilardino or any other young talent
2- A good amount of money for an old striker

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
2- A big name to the team
Not necessarily such a good thing
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
3- New fans joining juventus from inter
:undecide: personally I don't want anyone supporting Juve just for a certain player, because I know how quickly they'll turn on us once he leaves :groan:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Not necessarily such a good thing

:undecide: personally I don't want anyone supporting Juve just for a certain player, because I know how quickly they'll turn on us once he leaves :groan:
I forgot to mention that i dont want him to come..

Jul 12, 2002
If we could get Van der Meyde for Di Vaio, it'd be the deal of the century, IMO. VDM is exactly what we need on our right wing, and Di Vaio is exactly what we don't need from our third striker...

Jul 28, 2002
vdm would be very very very very nice, add that class and cross we miss..on a scale of 1 to 10 , how fast would u say he is ??

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
VDM is nice but nearly impossible as you've said (deal of the century). So Martins will be more foreseeable. I am suspecting that Zach doesn't really like Martins. He prefers Cruz and Adriano.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
If we could get Van der Meyde for Di Vaio, it'd be the deal of the century, IMO. VDM is exactly what we need on our right wing, and Di Vaio is exactly what we don't need from our third striker...
Van der Meyde ??!?!?!?!... Again it seems we disagree. There are much better right wingers available.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
Vieri is a Lazy prick, he doesn't play well unless he has Totti to give him a golden ball everytime. I would rather Di Vaio, but he doesn't get any playing time to prove himself.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
VDM is nice but nearly impossible as you've said (deal of the century). So Martins will be more foreseeable . I am suspecting that Zach doesn't really like Martins. He prefers Cruz and Adriano.
that would be the deal of the century...oba oba is a fan favourite!!

VDM was last year one of the best right wingers around, only quaresma joaquin and ronnie matched him for potential....

shame about vdm's shocking hairstyles!

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Totally agree with you Dominic. But right winger, with enough experience, and skill is not cheap. Besides he is 25 yrs old (the pinnacle age for most footballers). I am also suspecting that in the next season Juve will concentrate in using players within the range of 24-27 yrs old. But I am open to another suggestion though :D :D

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
Don't Camo and Maresca Play right wing? Why would we need anyone else?
Maresca is playing more in the middle, though when he is attacking he loves to penetrate from the right side. Indeed Camo is a right winger. But only one winger for the whole season?? Unless we bring Miccoli to play either as left or right winger, he has good cross as well.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
vdm would be very very very very nice, add that class and cross we miss..on a scale of 1 to 10 , how fast would u say he is ??
8.5-9.0, but he has very good close control. He reminds me very much of Overmars in the early years, but with better eye for goal and more toughness.

++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
Don't Camo and Maresca Play right wing? Why would we need anyone else?
Camo plays right wing, but he's very inconsistent. Maresca on the other hand is a central midfielder, not a winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)