Vieri in Di Vaio swap? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
playing maresca right wing is like playin gerrard/xavi/pirlo right wing, u jus dont do it.

VDM, fast and classy, brilliant....shame he sucks for intersuck

Jul 28, 2002
could do, i would be up for a trial of it, but when he did play there he looked totally lost and wondered to the right anyway.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
Why the subject of transfer shifted to VDM? :D

I will say we sacrifice Di Vaio if and only if we can get another good forward. IMO Di Vaio still has a lot more to offer.
Bah. VDM is a better scorer than Di Vaio...

Jul 28, 2002
now ian, ur bias is shining through :D...he is more consistant though,dyo has the dr jekyl hyde thing about him, either good or shite.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
now ian, ur bias is shining through :D...he is more consistant though,dyo has the dr jekyl hyde thing about him, either good or shite.
Maybe, but you've got to admitt that for a winger he has a good eye for goal. he's scored a few great goals in his time..

++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
When you say VDM, who are you refering to?
Andy Van der Meyde of Inter and the Dutch National Team.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
He's pretty good, I just didn't know who you were refering to. He would be a great addission. Does he play much at inter, I've seen him on several ocassions, but I don't watch many inter matches.

Jul 28, 2002
if u play for inter u will suck, unless u have a massive fighting spirit like bobo did and javier zanetti has.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
It is true that VDM is better scorer compared to Di Vaio. But he was in Eredivisie when it happened, though I still remember his beautiful volley for Inter (against Arsenal if I am not wrong).

I am still worried that he is not used to with Serie A, rather than Inter.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
He is great, but when you think of other strikers we could get, its a toss up. I much rather Gila, or Vieri.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
It is true that VDM is better scorer compared to Di Vaio. But he was in Eredivisie when it happened, though I still remember his beautiful volley for Inter (against Arsenal if I am not wrong).

I am still worried that he is not used to with Serie A, rather than Inter.
His eye for goal showed in the Champion's League too. And the only way to find out whether it's just Inter or if he can't hack Serie A is to bring him here...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Damn I missed out on the Van der Meyde discussion. In short, I rate him highly and it's disgusting what Inter's done to a player who was once one of the most promising wingers in Europe. I still think he can do great things

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Don't think we will get him though. Juve would probably get Ljungberg before him.
We've been linked to Ljungberg in the past, but I doubt that we'd go after him at this point. He's not the world beater he used be. Don't get me wrong, he's still a great and exciting player, it's just that his price would not be congruent with the performance that he delivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)