Vieri in Di Vaio swap? (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Vieri in Di Vaio swap? Tuesday 4 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri could return to Juventus in a deal that sees Marco Di Vaio join sleeping giants Inter.

Vieri is set to leave the Nerazzurri at the end of this season and the Turin outfit would like him back.

The Bianconeri are expected to sell David Trezeguet this summer and replace him with Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

However, the club believe that the youngster could really learn his trade with the aid of the Italian ace.

Vieri would welcome a move back to the Delle Alpi and Di Vaio may also be keen on a new adventure.

The Lazio youth product has failed to command a regular first team shirt at Juve since leaving Parma two years ago.

Inter boss Alberto Zaccheroni, who doesn’t have a great relationship with Vieri, believes that Di Vaio could be an ideal partner for Adriano in attack.

Meanwhile, Roma boss Fabio Capello is again being linked with the Nerazzurri job for next season.

Zac may be axed if he fails to finish in the top four and the Giallorossi tactician has a proven track record of winning.

However, all parties have so far rejected claims that the former Milan boss is heading for the San Siro.

I would go for it! Del Piero, Miccoli, Gilardino and Vieri in one team! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
id like it, gila having bobo to learn for, but in affect , vieir will cost us 16 millon, the price we paid for di vaio.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd rather we got someone else to replace di vaio,but if vieri is able to produce his best for another two seasons at least then why not?

Jul 28, 2002
well i f we get gila as well, bobo can be number one, with gila being his back up for a season, wih less pressure on gila to lead the line....better for his development.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
If only Del Piero could learn to play as a playmaker behind the to strikers, like Baggio and Totti does, then everything would be so much easier.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
If only Del Piero could learn to play as a playmaker behind the to strikers, like Baggio and Totti does, then everything would be so much easier.
i agree, life would be soo much better....we dont have to search for a playmaker, plus a spot for a more effective goalscorer, and dp can do what he does anyway.

Regarding gila, he is only young and not fully developed, if we give him time on the field, like we do for enzo, he will get better, bobo will last two more years as number 1, then gila will be a world class player anyway.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
what are u talking about??? Totti is in Roma, compete??
Yep, i deleted the post when I realised we're not in the "Who would you take to Euro 2004" thread :)

My mistake ;)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
If inter paid some money too, then the trade would be just ok for me... I think this is just useless rumour, eventhough C4 is a great site... Sounds too expensive if it's just a pure trade... But DP as a playmaker sounds great, it would solve our offensive problems...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

i agree, life would be soo much better....we dont have to search for a playmaker, plus a spot for a more effective goalscorer, and dp can do what he does anyway.

Regarding gila, he is only young and not fully developed, if we give him time on the field, like we do for enzo, he will get better, bobo will last two more years as number 1, then gila will be a world class player anyway.
yeah,but with vieri's attitude he would insist on playing in every match(he got into a tiff with zacch for refusing to sit on the bench!),giving glia very limited playing time,which wouldn't be good for him.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

Exactly, but unfortunately i dont see it happen, which is a bit sad, because i think Del Piero could have managed a transfer to that role, and been very very good. It would also have given Miccoli a closer way to the first team play too.

Jul 28, 2002
ahh bobo will pick up numerous little injuries, thus he can be rested. :D

Miccoli imo is a little winger/forward, his pace, skill, shooting and general technical ability mean he is a great wide man/ support forward....but his vision and passing appear to be not of a playmaker....dp, imo doesnt have all the trick either for a playmaker, but since he does the "playmaker" job anyway, why not give him free role behind the front two, with two effective strong forward, with pace and power, rather than one fantasista and a plyaer that is either aerially/strength class, or pacey gonzales who cant shoot consistantly or header.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

yeah,but with vieri's attitude he would insist on playing in every match(he got into a tiff with zacch for refusing to sit on the bench!),giving glia very limited playing time,which wouldn't be good for him.
Good point. You can't have 4 strikers in the field at the same time. Gilardino, Miccoli, Del Piero + Vieri... sounds a little too much. Bobo is too old to sit on the bench.

I would welcome his return to Juventus though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)