Van der Vaart (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
On what basis you are saying ManUtd fanbase is 2nd biggest in the world?

I don't how things are in UAE, but I have yet to seen a single person wearing Manchester United Shirt in the downtown of Tokyo. Because a team is popular in one part doesnt necessarily mean it is popular in the other. Though I presume ManUre is popular as hell in Korea. The methodology used by magazines to calculate fanbase is sheer back of the envelope bullshits. They are not the type of figure to put much emphasis on. Considering we hardly generates any revenue through gates, and season ticket sale, I say there are more concrete basis to suggests Juve have bigger fanbase they are not fully exploiting.

I don't care what whether you intended or not, but to suggests that Juve never spend 25m Euro on player, to emphasize the Juve can't (That is to satisfy AHMED :D ) can't buy expensive players, is pouring fuel into the fire. What do you expect Juve fan to take that as? Some sort of backhanded compliment? Even when, factual evidence suggests we can? There is a profound difference between not spending and can't spending. In regards to Ribery, Juve belongs to former, and Arsenal to the latter. You know why? When Juve buy expensive players, they have necessary infrastructure to make such venture into profitable one. Arsenal doesn't. That is why we spend money, and you don't. Arsenal is one their way towards establishing such status, but not there yet.

And we Juve fans have many reasons to feel bigger than ManUre. (1) More domestic trophies in a league, which have traditionally been stronger than EPL, quite significantly as well (2) Only one of two team in Europe to have won all the major European trophies, (3) 7 CL Final appearance compared to 2 of ManUre. Oh yes, to suggest we havent been more successful than ManUre on the pitch is an understatement.
A classy reasonable post. :tup:

David01

Aug 20, 2006
:disagree:Vaart to Juve??? I don't buy it. He is ok but we are on the verge of getting Almiron so why do we need him besides he is injured a lot and did you see that own goal he made from his own half HILARIOUS!!! he played the ball to his own goal expecting the keeper to give it forward again except his keeper was forward for a last minute attack!!!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:disagree:Vaart to Juve??? I don't buy it. He is ok but we are on the verge of getting Almiron so why do we need him besides he is injured a lot and did you see that own goal he made from his own half HILARIOUS!!! he played the ball to his own goal expecting the keeper to give it forward again except his keeper was forward for a last minute attack!!!
I remember that classy goal :D and for thoose who don't
@Juve88 Whenever I see your avatar my first thought is you are Milan fan, I guess it's because big Milan logo that comes first when you look at your avatar :p

mondo1

May 14, 2006
vdv is class

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
That was a pretty bad sight, but let's face it, it didn't really change the face of the game, or cost them points, they were losing it anyway.

I've seen worse things happen to good players.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
but neither RVP nor henry are a box player like trez who can guarantee goals
both are great players,especially henry, but they are forwards not strikers,never the less the score a very good amount of goals
Van Persie is a very good striker but, like Henry, he only tends to score great goals. If Arsenal had someone like Trez who just hung around the box he would score 20-25 goals per season because Arsenal put teams under so much pressure, especially at home.

Arsenal won't finish better than 4th without a genuine goal scorer like a Trez.
Wengers teams never played with what you call "a fox in the box" its not in their style.. because Wengerball is all about passes and movement.Of course Trez is a great player and a top goalscorer.But we have enough strikers and not enough wingers and not enough fullbacks.So i think we should deal with more pressing matters first.

Mar 30, 2006
Wengers teams never played with what you call "a fox in the box" its not in their style.. because Wengerball is all about passes and movement.Of course Trez is a great player and a top goalscorer.But we have enough strikers and not enough wingers and not enough fullbacks.So i think we should deal with more pressing matters first.
Wenger's Monaco team had Trez in it didn't it? and he is real fond of Trez. I could see him fitting him into the team

Plus it would provide the team with a focal point they always seem to be lacking. Like when they pass it around inside the box forever and fail to shoot.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
On what basis you are saying ManUtd fanbase is 2nd biggest in the world?.
well many statistics say that...i dont know maybe they arent very accurate.But then on what basis do you say Juve have a bigger fanbase??

I don't how things are in UAE, but I have yet to seen a single person wearing Manchester United Shirt in the downtown of Tokyo. Because a team is popular in one part doesnt necessarily mean it is popular in the other. Though I presume ManUre is popular as hell in Korea. The methodology used by magazines to calculate fanbase is sheer back of the envelope bullshits. They are not the type of figure to put much emphasis on. Considering we hardly generates any revenue through gates, and season ticket sale, I say there are more concrete basis to suggests Juve have bigger fanbase they are not fully exploiting..
No Man Utd isnt as popular as Milan,Juve,Inter,Barca or Real in the UAE

Considering we hardly generates any revenue through gates, and season ticket sale, I say there are more concrete basis to suggests Juve have bigger fanbase they are not fully exploiting..
Baseless assumption...

I don't care what whether you intended or not, but to suggests that Juve never spend 25m Euro on player, to emphasize the Juve can't (That is to satisfy AHMED :D ) can't buy expensive players, is pouring fuel into the fire. What do you expect Juve fan to take that as? Some sort of backhanded compliment? Even when, factual evidence suggests we can? There is a profound difference between not spending and can't spending. In regards to Ribery, Juve belongs to former, and Arsenal to the latter. You know why? When Juve buy expensive players, they have necessary infrastructure to make such venture into profitable one. Arsenal doesn't. That is why we spend money, and you don't. Arsenal is one their way towards establishing such status, but not there yet.

And we Juve fans have many reasons to feel bigger than ManUre. (1) More domestic trophies in a league, which have traditionally been stronger than EPL, quite significantly as well (2) Only one of two team in Europe to have won all the major European trophies, (3) 7 CL Final appearance compared to 2 of ManUre. Oh yes, to suggest we havent been more successful than ManUre on the pitch is an understatement.
That was not what i was saying...i dont know how many times i have to repeat that.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We have more than enough :D. On the other hand, we had Alexander or Rico or whatever too, who represented all the clubs in the world in this forum. :D
well you dont have anybody who supports an EPL club:stuckup: :D speaking of which,wheres Nicole gone to??She used to support Roma and Man Utd.Man Utd whooped Romas arse 7-1 wonder how she felt about that??:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Wenger's Monaco team had Trez in it didn't it? and he is real fond of Trez. I could see him fitting him into the team

Plus it would provide the team with a focal point they always seem to be lacking. Like when they pass it around inside the box forever and fail to shoot.
I was too young to see Wengers Monaco:p What i meant was Wengers Arsenal teams.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No i wouldnt mind having a true CF its just that i think there are more pressing matters to deal with.And that we dont need a striker anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)