Van der Vaart (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That comes from a Juve fan, and Milan fan will say that Milan is the biggest but you can't compare thoose clubs. The fact is that ManU have the second biggest fanbase in the world, but we are third and when you look how much ManU is putting into a marketing and how muche Juve than it's obvius that Juve is more loved and I'm proud on that.
What are you a member of their board or something??how do you know they put more money into marketing than Juve does??

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Juventus want Arsenal's Gilberto in Trezeguet swap
tribalfooball.com - June 14, 2007

Juventus want a straight swap involving David Trezeguet for Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva.
With only a year left Trezeguet's existing contract, Juve know they must sell this summer and have made an opening proposal to the Gunners of a straight exchange for Brazil international Gilberto, says Corriere dello Sport.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger isn't expected to accept Juve's offer and is likely to offer straight cash for his ex-Monaco star with time ticking down on Trezeguet's Juve deal.

If this could happen than it would be totally different!
I wouldnt read too much into it we arent short in Strikers but we are short in experience in the middle.So thats like shooting ourselves in the foot.I doubt Wenger is that dumb

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
- Man Utd have no proper striker to partner Rooney...Saha is crap
- Liverpool as said in prev post...lack of proper striker evident in Athens
- Valencia have long followed Trez
- Barcelona want a full striker as there is no1 besides Eto'o
- Milan dont fully trust Gila R Oliveira or Pippo, want some1 with Kaka
- Arsenal need partner for Henry
- Inter well simply assholes want to buy all Bianconeri piece by piece
- Lyon would love to have a world class French striker
No they dont they have Robin Van Perfect!!:cool:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
- no1 is guaranteed a starting place...not Ale nor Eto'o
- van Persie is not a stiker...would u rather have Adebayor or Trez?
What the heck???then what is he??mate RVP is a striker he always has been always will be.He's our top goal scorer this season for gods sake!! 11 goals out of 18 starts and 4 sub appearances is good enough.we dont need Trezeguet

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
every single juventino is better than a player from arsenal ...pah

u would kiss our asses if u get him
wow thats a sensible post..

I never said Trez was a bad player..on the contrary he is a proven goalscorer that any team would want.But i think we dont need him as RVP and Henry are enough.And we got more pressing matters to deal with.Like getting a winger and maybe even a fullback.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What the heck???then what is he??mate RVP is a striker he always has been always will be.He's our top goal scorer this season for gods sake!! 11 goals out of 18 starts and 4 sub appearances is good enough.we dont need Trezeguet
Van Persie is a very good striker but, like Henry, he only tends to score great goals. If Arsenal had someone like Trez who just hung around the box he would score 20-25 goals per season because Arsenal put teams under so much pressure, especially at home.

Arsenal won't finish better than 4th without a genuine goal scorer like a Trez.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
wow thats a sensible post..

I never said Trez was a bad player..on the contrary he is a proven goalscorer that any team would want.But i think we dont need him as RVP and Henry are enough.And we got more pressing matters to deal with.Like getting a winger and maybe even a fullback.
but neither RVP nor henry are a box player like trez who can guarantee goals
both are great players,especially henry, but they are forwards not strikers,never the less the score a very good amount of goals

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
but neither RVP nor henry are a box player like trez who can guarantee goals
both are great players,especially henry, but they are forwards not strikers,never the less the score a very good amount of goals
Exactly my thoughts...

U know what's Arsenal's weekness? Finishing. They play one too many passes and no one to make the punch, makes you wonder whether they remember the goal of the game.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
No Man Utd's fanbase is the 2nd biggest in the world after Real Madrid.
On what basis you are saying ManUtd fanbase is 2nd biggest in the world?

I don't how things are in UAE, but I have yet to seen a single person wearing Manchester United Shirt in the downtown of Tokyo. Because a team is popular in one part doesnt necessarily mean it is popular in the other. Though I presume ManUre is popular as hell in Korea. The methodology used by magazines to calculate fanbase is sheer back of the envelope bullshits. They are not the type of figure to put much emphasis on. Considering we hardly generates any revenue through gates, and season ticket sale, I say there are more concrete basis to suggests Juve have bigger fanbase they are not fully exploiting.

I don't care what whether you intended or not, but to suggests that Juve never spend 25m Euro on player, to emphasize the Juve can't (That is to satisfy AHMED :D ) can't buy expensive players, is pouring fuel into the fire. What do you expect Juve fan to take that as? Some sort of backhanded compliment? Even when, factual evidence suggests we can? There is a profound difference between not spending and can't spending. In regards to Ribery, Juve belongs to former, and Arsenal to the latter. You know why? When Juve buy expensive players, they have necessary infrastructure to make such venture into profitable one. Arsenal doesn't. That is why we spend money, and you don't. Arsenal is one their way towards establishing such status, but not there yet.

And we Juve fans have many reasons to feel bigger than ManUre. (1) More domestic trophies in a league, which have traditionally been stronger than EPL, quite significantly as well (2) Only one of two team in Europe to have won all the major European trophies, (3) 7 CL Final appearance compared to 2 of ManUre. Oh yes, to suggest we havent been more successful than ManUre on the pitch is an understatement.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
There was a research by a hardvard dude or sumthing which said that the biggest fanbase in the world belongs to:
Copy, cut and pasted from http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21786

" Harvard: Juventus is the Third Most Popular Club
President Ramón Calderón to speak tomorrow at the prestigious American university

On October 2006, Harvard performed a study on the worldwide impact of the Real Madrid brand. It concluded that the Club had over 228 million followers in the world. Next in line were: Manchester United (168M), Juventus (140M), Bayern Munich (113M), and Barcelona (35M).
"

I however feel the numbers are not accurate, just a personal feeling but I really doubt Barcelona has only 35M fans when u see B.Munchen with 113M.
The gaps seem too wide.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
There was a research by a hardvard dude or sumthing which said that the biggest fanbase in the world belongs to:
Copy, cut and pasted from http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21786

" Harvard: Juventus is the Third Most Popular Club
President Ramón Calderón to speak tomorrow at the prestigious American university

On October 2006, Harvard performed a study on the worldwide impact of the Real Madrid brand. It concluded that the Club had over 228 million followers in the world. Next in line were: Manchester United (168M), Juventus (140M), Bayern Munich (113M), and Barcelona (35M).
"

I however feel the numbers are not accurate, just a personal feeling but I really doubt Barcelona has only 35M fans when u see B.Munchen with 113M.
The gaps seem too wide.
That is point I want to get to. When you want to carry out such research you got have clear dimension of what you want to investigate, in statistical term, population. More specifically, what is the definition of fan, what is the criteria of admitting one, and how do we measure them. If you havent got a clear idea of the object you want to measure, and all efforts to do so is going to be somewhat meaningless. Furthermore, from firm's perspective, effective measure of population is not per head, but their spending power. A guy from Milan can surely afford to spend more than a respective person at Lagos.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
What are you a member of their board or something??how do you know they put more money into marketing than Juve does??
You are joking right??? ManU is all about marketing, they playing matches in Japan and Korea and in US too. And please this is not an Arsenal or ManU forums to talk about them, I'm sure that they have their forums too. We already have M_elyyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)